Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably one of those beat to hell questions, but here goes:

Looking to decrease the wheel gap on my P10 and increase the performance handling without 'dropping' the car excessively. I am also looking for a competitively priced spring.

I am leaning towards the Eibachs due to proven quality, very minimal drop in height, minimal increased handling and stock struts can be used. That is as long as I can still get a set (new) since they are no longer produced.

Any other similiar springs that would give me the benefits of the Eibachs? Least amount of drop, cost effective, quality.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
We will contact Eibach to confirm the production.

I would recommend the Eibach if you can get it. It fits your needs and is probably the only spring company which will give you a tolerable ride with stock shocks.

We'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
98 Posts
nismo let me know where you find the best deal!!

I'd also like to improve suspension without 'low-riding'. Anyone know if there is an energysuspension bushing kit that will fit the p10 g20???

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
the eibachs have been discontinued to my knowledge. when i looked for them a couple years back, no one was able to find any in the US. the Intrax springs (which i got instead of the Eibachs) sucked, the lowered the car way too much (pretty much on the bumpstops in the front, in an auto car (~80lbs heavier than a 5-spd up front)) and they were not stiff enough either... so i'd constantly bottom out, and also got a little bit of the "bounciness" you'd get with a cut spring, or something that's too low, and has no more travel.
I'm really happy with my Ground Controls, but they were also more expensive. I paid just under $900 in a ground deal, including AGX's, new bumpstops, and they came fully assembled (Fronts were, rears don't include top hat).

As for Energy Suspension bushings, we are working on getting them produced, they don't offer anything specific for the G20 suspension now. You can use some other bushings for certain suspension parts (some of the SE-R stuff does fit), but they don't have anything for the front suspension parts yet, i think those are the big ones that would benefit most people.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what is confusing.

Some sites list the Eibach #6336.140 for the 91-96
other sites list the Eibach #6336.140 for the 99>
other sites list the Eibach #6332.140 for the 91-96.

Does the P10 and P11 share the same springs? I would highly doubt the rear are the same, but possibly the front.

·
Registered
614 Posts
P10 and P11 do not share the same springs...Maybe you would want to cinsider the HKS (around 1.25") springs, these have worked out pretty well for me
=)

·
Registered
45 Posts
b-b00gie said:

I would recommend the Eibach if you can get it. It fits your needs and is probably the only spring company which will give you a tolerable ride with stock shocks.
I can confirm that from experience...the eibachs are soo much better than the intrax, I am currently running the KYB GR2's which are the same as stock shocks. Its a decent ride and lowers the car nicely IMO.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Have any of you used Intrax with motivational Koni's because I think the two would be perfect together because intrax is soft and lowers a good amount and with Motivation Koni's there pretty stiff but not as stiff as AGX's and are made to give P10s alot of travel room so you can lower alot withouth having to hit the bumpstops. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this setup.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have any of you used Intrax with motivational Koni's because I think the two would be perfect together because intrax is soft and lowers a good amount and with Motivation Koni's there pretty stiff but not as stiff as AGX's and are made to give P10s alot of travel room so you can lower alot withouth having to hit the bumpstops. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this setup.
That would be great, if Motivational made shocks and struts for the p10 but i don't think they do unless it's a one off. As for the Eibachs, they ride on the bumpstops too with an uncut bumpstop. You can get a little more travel by cutting the bumpstops.

Joe
93 G20 w/ Eibach Prokits and stock shocks:-\
-awaiting arrival of GCs and AGXs:evil:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well thats the reason I asked because they Motivational does make custom Koni struts for P10's, all 4 for $900, not too bad for custom Koni's, I think there the best shocks you can get without having to pay alot for JDM coilovers, I have GC/AGX on my car now and my ride is pretty rough, I had to put on my stock 14's back on cause I had 17's with 40 series yokohama parada's and the ride was way too rough for city driving, I have a set of Intrax but I heard they dont work too good with stock shocks so I might get the Motivational koni's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts