Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm getting the Eibach Pro Kit sent this week and I'm getting the KYB AGX once I get the springs.

Do I need to get coilovers? What da heck are coilovers? How would they improve my ride quality?

Also, anyone know where I can get the KYB AGX shocks for a good price???

Thanx guys...sorry if this is a little repetitive from other posts.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I think thats the setup I am aiming for but with the eibach springs I can't seem to confirm that they work with the 96g20t, on the damn sites it says "Eibach Springs for Infiniti 6/98-01 G20 (Incl. G20t)". It just isn't clear to me whether if they are made for the 96 or now. Does anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure a lot of dudes on this forum have the eibach for their p11s and p10s. So if you do a search check out what you can find and then if you can't find anything just ask.

I'm pretty sure a large amount of people use the eibach.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
ay ay i dont know if they make eibach for p10 but my opinion on eibach in general is SCARY theres some more choices out there feel free to browse
in fact there is no eibach for p10 and for p11 1.25 drop available
casual

·
Registered
520 Posts
CHEM, say..you don't really need the AGX's. Those are more expensive than the GR2's. You should get the GR2's cuz the AGX's are more for a coilover setup. Coilvers are like a spring/shock combo in which you can adjust the ride height and they tend to have high spring rates I believe. Coilovers are better for performance. And no, there are no eibach kits for the P10. I think you have HKS, H&R, and Intrax I believe.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Why even include intrax in that lineup, i don't think i've heard a single good thing about there springs.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm lucky i found this forum cause i was >< close to gettin them and some koni's (i didn't know anyone else made lowering kits for the g). Thank the car gods and god bless ground controls.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Has anybody tried or have right now the hks or the h&r coils? If so how does it work out for you? Do you like? Do you not like? Whats good and bad about these two companies? Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
there's nothing wrong with the eibach prokit, i run it myself. They are avalible for the p10
too. E6322-140 is the partnumber for the p10.

Luppo

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I dont understand you guys...the agxs are not just for coilover..They are arguably a better shock/strut than the gr2, in quality of ride and longevity. They also give you the option of stiffening or softening the ride. I have heard good things about the eibachs, hrs, and intrax (though not much). I personally ride on tein/agx with some custom mep mounts up front (to regain lost shock travel). I would suggest looking around and seeing the differences between the springs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Damn, look at the date on that thread. Dunno how i got there :dead: .

Luppo

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
CHEM, say..you don't really need the AGX's. Those are more expensive than the GR2's. You should get the GR2's cuz the AGX's are more for a coilover setup. Coilvers are like a spring/shock combo in which you can adjust the ride height and they tend to have high spring rates I believe. Coilovers are better for performance. And no, there are no eibach kits for the P10. I think you have HKS, H&R, and Intrax I believe.
You forgot about the Tein S-Tech's for the P10 =P

·
Registered
421 Posts
im going with s techs and gr2's... not adjustable, maybe pretty low, but ill have a thread at sr20forum with before and after pics. I think itll look pretty sick with the 18's. Oh and i think any suspension you go with it gonne be a bumpy ride compared to just stock, as the case in anything ive put suspension in. It may ride lower, and control some of that roll our cars seem to love, but your gonna have to take the bad with the good. When you try to put a "racing" type suspension on a car- it will never ride any smoother then stock ***IMO

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pardon my ignorance of suspension issues...I just want a suspension that is very comfortable that my baby girl can sleep soundly and remain unbothered even if I run over a nasty pothole on the road. Are the AGX shocks my best bet to achieve that outcome?

Thanks a lot =)

·
Registered
304 Posts
dougfurnas said:
Pardon my ignorance of suspension issues...I just want a suspension that is very comfortable that my baby girl can sleep soundly and remain unbothered even if I run over a nasty pothole on the road. Are the AGX shocks my best bet to achieve that outcome?

Thanks a lot =)
Order a set of OEM replacements.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
If you're looking for comfort, order a set of GR2's...they're pretty much the same as stock struts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
dougfurnas said:

Thanks a lot =)
gr-2 indeed

1 - 20 of 32 Posts