Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full-Time Chiller . . . .
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a gallon of this stuff, I had my door panels off anyway so I figured what the hell. I wanted the black but it was on back order, so I got the blue.

Anyway, got it directly from them, fast shipping, no trouble.

Results were very good. I only used it on the door panels, nowhere else, but I can say that after driving the car it is noticibly quieter, vibrations and road noise less noticible. I was unsure of how it would work but I am pleased with it, I used about 1/3 of it on the four door panels so I have plenty left to do behind the backseat and wherever else I want.

So here's a quick how to (its easy) and some pictures.

First remove door panels, then remove the plastic lining. No need to prep the door, just wipe off the dust, this stuff is very tacky and will stick just fine.

Lay something down cause it will drip. Have a rag handy in case you drip on the door sill or get some on the door handle, you can wipe it off no problem.

Do one thin coat first just to cover the door, then do a nice thick coat on top, you can do more but that worked for me, at the end i had good coverage.

I did the driver's side of the car first, then the pass side the next day, just so I didn't over do it.

Here are some pics:

1st coat done

2nd coat done, got a nice solid layer over the whole thing:

Plastic lining just sticks back on (wait till it's dry, otherwise the lining won't stick on :dead::

Front done, rear getting there:

Both done:

So I would recommend this product, really quiets down the cabin, I can't wait to coat the back and see how much quieter it gets.

:thumbsup:

·
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it's a little messy, but not bad, it's really goopy so basically you just slap it on with a paint brush. but if it splatters or drips you can wipe it up no problem. And yup, a lot lighter than dynamat.

better speakers would be nice, but the stockers play my country just fine :thumbsup: lol.

·
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did it make a diff how the tunes sound? or just kill road noise?
I didn't notice a difference with the tunes, other than not having to have the volume as loud to hear them.

Ooopsie...Got a little messy eh. I knew this stuff would work, eD has good stuff! Good thing you got the gallon...
Yeah the gallon was a good buy, it was like twice as much as a quart and you get 4x as much so I figured what the hell. I have a ton left but I'll put it to good use.

I'm interested. How much did it end up shipped?
I think shipped it was like $63 ($50 + $13), it came fed-ex pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think I'm gonna have to try some of this stuff. Seems like a great deal! I'm a bit concerned about how much louder it's gonna get back there with after dropping in the VE with headers and 2.5" exhaust!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
think theres a gun that can spray this stuff? would make for a cleaner install and could build up the layers more evenly.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
think theres a gun that can spray this stuff? would make for a cleaner install and could build up the layers more evenly.
there has to be... but you would need a large nozzle prob so it would not clog. it is pretty thick from what i understand. have not ordered mine yet...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts