Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

· p10 guru
3,640 Posts
y0, i got stung by a wasp or a hornet on that bridge one upon a time. likely sometime around 92. i'll never forget that

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
bump for dylan cuz i never saw this,
i dont believe they made noise no, but now they make diff kinda sounds and im curious to pull them off to see if there is any damage.

Progress:

my car learned levitation this summer...

JDM_ej Mike DOES infact exist, he bought something from me

we redefined hard parking

i need rear spacers

mostly ideas,
im thinking of leaving the coilover club cuz its just too ruff around here.
i wanna go with either Teins or H&R sport springs, deff gonna need a sway bar in the back to reduce roll and understeer though.
After driving my friends TDI which has a decent amount of camber up front i like the way cars kinda roll into turns,
coils are fun, but thyre not for the feint of heart.

all in all i love my p11

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Progress:
I added 5mm of preload to my coil overs today; WOW what a difference! before i had only "hand-tight" (thanks alot stangg20 -___-) lol but the car rides very differently.
also inadvertently raised the car 5mm in the process. oh well.
its still too stiff for my liking. so im goona go down and try 6k/5k(f/r) springs,
if i like the 6k but theyre still a tinnyyyy bit too stiff i think ill spend the money and go ahead and get 6k swift springs, prbly 2 inches longer though so i can do like charles said and add 2 inches of preload. suspension guys chime in, does this seem reasonable?

all in all im very happy with how the car rides, i still think a rebuild for my front 2 dampers is in order.
and this will be the last summer im this low. i dont think my car rides well partly because im too low for my spring rates.
I was gonna look into an Agx and lowering spring option, but i think id like to give my coils a longer shot and get them right where i need them to be as oppose to buying a whole new setup that will be LESS customizeable then the one i have now.

only time will tell

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·

Ok So a litttle bit of an update, mostly on the things I need to get done.

1. 5 Speed swap.
I have had everything i need to complete the swap for about 2 months now, but it keeps snowing, or i go on vacay, or I have a dj gig, which prevents me from getting it done. I have the whole in my firewall, and the clutch and brake pedal in. Clutch Pedal needs to come out tho, as i dont have one of the nuts on it, so it moves around.
Other than that, i have to get the lines connected, then its on to the "easy" but long stuff. Im contemplating having a "5spd swap meet", so i can get some knowledgeable people together and we can have some beers, but most importantly get the darn thing done, (i foresee adam doing all the work as mike 1 trolls and criticizes, and mike 2 and rob just joke and drink beers)

2. Suspension.
As you can see my wheels for the winter are dorifto style. Rocking 15'' Altimas upfront with snow tires for the time being. I do love the ride though.

Suspension as is:
Ksports r blown, front and rear. I realized that I must have the first gens because even went they were still fully adjustable (range of 30) the valving/dampening never felt correct. I have to send them to Ksport for a rebuild no doubt, and hopefully they will check the valving and valve them to the proper Gen 2 Spec.
The Lower mounts have bends in them from rubbing against the thirds, so this prevents me from going full slam, this is a non-issue though as the last pics you see of my car are essentially as low as i will ever go. I plan on raising the suspension overall this spring to be closer to an S-tech ride height. Sadly, while "refurbing" my coils (getting rust off, cleaning, etc), one of the lower mounts dropped abour 3 feet onto the ground, and developed a crack right at the point of rubbing, this is VERY upsetting as now i will have to buy new lower mounts for the coils. But on a better note, the shafts on the coils do not appear to be bent.

This is where i would like some suspension people help:
I currently ride on Tein Stech with AGX shocks up front, and a ZP coils in the rear. The ZP coils are 8k springs, and interestingly enough, i love how the car drives. The front is "smushy", yes, but the rear is so stiff that it somewhat acts like a sway bar, minimizing the overall body roll i have. This setup is nice because it feels stiff, but it is nowhere near as annoying as it was with my 8K springs. I would like to somewhat replicate this result by using new springs on my hopefully rebuilt Ksport coils.

The setup i am currently contemplating: 5k Swift Front Springs, 9 inches in length, with ~2 inches of spring preload. 6K rear springs, Standard Ksport length, with 5-10mm spring preload. This car will NOT be slammed, it may be lower then Stech, but by no means do i plan on slamming it, it is NOT worth the lack of comfort on my cities horrendous roads. I want a domesticated setup that feels stiff, but doesnt make me fly in the air if i hit a pothole at speed.

One of my concerns tho is that the valving on the front coils (standard Ksport valving) will be COMPLETELY wrongly matched with the 5k spring setup. I do not mind a stiff damper feel, but i do mind a stiff spring feel. So i wonder if i will be okay if the shocks are meant for slightly stiffer springs.

3. Engine Mods.
Big things coming this spring (relative). Im looking on having a VERY simple, yet fun NA to play with, and hopefully do some damage in my class at AutoX, stay tuned yall.

· Registered
2,222 Posts
You need to go way more fasterer for snow drifting.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts