Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

· Registered
3,096 Posts
Why don't you get a VE + CVT and swap that bitch in?

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Almost 2 years later...
wow time flies.
And cars change. Fortunately im still with the G.
Since the car was auto, and grossly uncomfortable with the coilovers, i kept contemplating leaving it. But i just cant get over not having car payments. Its too amazing.

Rust still plagues the poor thing, and it will probably kill her before 200k, as of right now im at 150k (just shy) and i have more fun in this thing than ever, thanks to the 5spd swap.
Goodness gracious i thought everyone was joking when they said how much more fun these cars are. Its by no means an exaggeration. Granted the car is still ole, and is starting to make funny noises, but rev-matching and shifting through the gears is a driving experience that makes the g20 so much more enjoyable. This chassis really is a fun platform.

Youll note shes at stock height. I have stock suspension in the front, and ZP coils in the rear. The car feels funny to drive like this, but i soft of like how tail happy it is now. She has alot of lift-off oversteer due to this mod:

I had picked these up for cheap from a forum member, and installing them has made the car even more of a blast to drive. they really increase the grip. The only problem is now i have less confidence going into turns since the stock suspension is so soft. Oh well.

Plans for this summer are:

stay tuned

· Registered
3,096 Posts
How/when did you get an ASP Budget AND you did the manual swap? Sponsor back up and tell us all.

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
wow so many things.
I installed the exhaust. It makes the car sound nice again with the Remus muffler i have. (not sure what kind of Remus, was skeptical it actually was a remus, but it does in fact have a remus logo and all that. and sounds great, so i can only imagine it is).

So then i installed cams, mmmm so fasts. Car had vicious pull (relative) after 5k. So i was super happy. All i had left to do was install the ASP's.

knock-knock?
Whos there?
Its your engine, im done.

Killed original engine with about 151K on it. Ohhhh no, whats a man to do. Shoutout to Daveracer for having a prettyful engine and Dino for putting that bad boy in. Also installed ASP's.. Has a horrible exhaust leak, but good god, this is what a p11 is supposed to feel like. I love my car.

Pics of minty engine from Dave, thanks dave.

I am also pretttyyy sure im done modding it... i think.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts