Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two questions:
1. Is it possible for OBD-II car to pass the emission test but produce too much hc...since on these cars they only check the on board computer.
2. 95 g20 is obd-II, do you guys get your inspections as obd-II car or old school exhust test?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am lucky. I do not get emissions testing on my 95 in North Carolina. I think that is the cutoff year. Just a 9 dollar "visual" inspection.

·
Registered
450 Posts
To get emissions in NYC, you have to do a $45 state inspection where they fail you for pretty much anything. My mom's Camry would not pass because a rear sway bar bushing was bad (it made a slight clunk noise over bumps).

I'm lucky, Atlanta only gets the OBD-II and gas cap tests.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
pmaadani said:
I got two questions:
1. Is it possible for OBD-II car to pass the emission test but produce too much hc...since on these cars they only check the on board computer.
2. 95 g20 is obd-II, do you guys get your inspections as obd-II car or old school exhust test?
not too sure about TX but up here in CT if its 95 or older it gets a sniffer, regardless if its obd2 or not. i went through hell tryin to fix a CEL once on my 95 only to find out it didn't matter.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, i was hoping i would be able to get away with obdII test. The car passed the emission test last year. I am just hoping I dont have to spend money on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts