Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emissions? [Post #1]

Greetings to all!

I am VERY interested in purchasing a 1995 G20 with 61,000 miles I've found at a CarMax. Although CarMax "warranties" the car for 30 days, CARFAX reports a "failed emissions" test in their history. My question to this forum of G20 experts is should I rule out this car based on the reported emissions failure? The car is currently at a Georgia CarMax, but would have to pass emissions testing at a Virginia Carmax where it's being transferred prior to my purchase.

If anyone knows of a '94-'96 G20, manual transmission, 50 - 79K miles, I decided this is the car I want and would be happy to speak with you. I've been looking on the Web...mostly automatics. How have automatic transmissions held up in high mileage use?

Thank for your patience! I'm just really glad I've found out about the rock-solid G20 as a choice!

Ted

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
There could be a number of reasons that it failed. If the car looks in good shape otherwise I'd make a condition on purchase that it has to pass emissions. I.e. have the dealer emissions test it and pass it before you buy it. Or like you said keep looking. Have you taken the car to a trusted mechanic yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emissions...

Thanks G-Forces! I guess the main thing that concerns me regarding the CarMax G20 is the possibility of engine neglect. Could improper maintenance of the car possibly have lead to emissions problems?

I was wondering about the quality of the CarMax "inspection". Should I still ask a local mechanic to look at it in addition to the CarMax inpsection? Never dealt with CarMax, but they sure appear to be moving cars off their lot! Just they don't deal in their pricing and use their "guarantee" as the only info they provide about the car. Thanks for CarFax as a least a little buyer knowledge....

This car will be mainly for my teenager and I'm looking forward to the both of us taking care of it together. Kind of a father/son mutual interest thing. He actually found your site.

Anyway, we're going to get a G20, now just a matter of finding the best one possible. My best friend loves his '93 G20! Looks like this car has developed quite a following....

Thanks and best wishes on the Website launch tomorrow! We'll be participating....

Ted

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Emissions...

det said:
Thanks G-Forces! I guess the main thing that concerns me regarding the CarMax G20 is the possibility of engine neglect. Could improper maintenance of the car possibly have lead to emissions problems?
Sure.

I can't comment on CarMAX, sorry. I just don't know anything about them, first time I heard the name.

Thanks for your support, you and you son will enjoy the new G. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts