Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome thread, I am sure it has helped tons of people!
I was wondering though, will the same size lights be fine for a p10? I want to get the inside dome light done in white, and basically all the exterior lights as bright as possible: Front & Rear bumper lights, side marker lights (fenders), Park lights, trunk light?, Map lights(copy pasted but what are Map lights?) and reverse lights.
I read through the first few pages and couldn't find my answer, any help fellas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome thread, I am sure it has helped tons of people!
I was wondering though, will the same size lights be fine for a p10? I want to get the inside dome light done in white, and basically all the exterior lights as bright as possible: Front & Rear bumper lights, side marker lights (fenders), Park lights, trunk light?, Map lights(copy pasted but what are Map lights?) and reverse lights.
I read through the first few pages and couldn't find my answer, any help fellas?
The lights are different. Sylvania bulb guide. Keep in mind if you do the flashers you will have to get an LED friendly flasher or wire in a resistor for each bulb. I swapped all bulbs except the HVAC and headlights for LEDs. It is nice but the cost adds up and depending on the bulbs they can be brighter or dimmer depending what you spend.

Euro tails with leds

·
Registered
78 Posts
what a great thread. It's so funny, but I was looking at my dash this evening and thought of how dim it looked and then I ran into this, pretty cool.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you have a P11, click ---> http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?20353-HowTo-P11-Headunit-Installation

Reminder: Always best to disconnect your negative terminal on your battery when working on the electrical components of your car.

Follow steps until the 5th picture, then you will have access to the HVAC controls. Remove the 4 philips screws holding them in. (HINT: removing the radio will give you more room to maneuver the HVAC out) Unplug the wires behind the HVAC. You will see 4 bulbs behind it. Pretty easy to do, just take your time.

Back of HVAC for a P11. Bulbs are circled in red.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn I have a p10, but I guess if i have some time tomorrow ill try to take apart my center console and see if the back of my HVAC unit looks the same

·
Registered
22 Posts
So anyone with a P10 requires extra steps. The HVAC module isn't completely removable due to some soldered wires(you can cut but you have to resolder). Once you have the module removed as much as possible(hanging on by 2 wires) you should see a ribbon wire held on by a piece of plastic. Pull the plastic piece off (should slide right off) and the ribbon wire board should be held on. There are 3 small screws you must undo easy to find, just rotate the module. Pull off the hot/cold selector and the rotater(1,2,3,4), and the front face should slide apart from the electrical. You should now see three of the LED's. The correct size it T3 Neowedges, don't be like me and buy T5 take apart my whole center console, then drive around for 5 days without A/C because it's not worth it to take everything apart again. If you have any more questions I'll gladly help :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I keep seeing that 2002 P11s use different ones. Which size and how many does it use? Not worried about the 2 that need to be soldered in, for now. I saw that write-up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
On a p10. Cool White leds in the dash #74 for t5 led will turn red to pink. (Oil. Charge. Door. Belts) Orange to a lime green yellow.(Check Eng. O/D.) The 194 cool white for the gauges will be real Light blue. Clock will be blue. Thinking amber or yellow would keep the colors the same. But i like it. All the rest in the center t3 or solder in are Bright white.( ash tray. Lighter. Window switches) and a 194 for the gear shift will be bright white as a b..tch at night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi guys - unfortunately Photobucket has DESTROYED this entire thread, none of the pictures are showing up. Unreal.

Anyways, although my P11 is a M/T, I got this Primera Nismo gauge cluster from another member recently:

So I was researching what LED's you guys have been using. I haven't installed this cluster yet (it's plug and play apparently) but I wanted the bright blue bulbs, but I was told by the previous owner of the cluster that these are amber and look good. If I decide to change and get some nice LED's in this I'll post photos.

** Can any of you guys who previously posted photos of your clusters w/ various colored LED's etc re-host the photos and post them again? I'd love to see some results but thanks to Photobucket.. nope

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts

** Can any of you guys who previously posted photos of your clusters w/ various colored LED's etc re-host the photos and post them again? I'd love to see some results but thanks to Photobucket.. nope
I went with the Amber from superbrightleds.com. Happy with the results at night, but during the day, they are hardly bright enough. Also place a piece of transparent orange plastic between the hvac screen and the clear cover, it gave it more of a green look, which I thought contrasts well with the Amber lights of the Pathfinder unit, and the rest of the Amber lights I converted over. Reminds me of driving a 350z I used to own.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Wow, thats a cool idea for HVAC. If you get a chance can you post pics?
I feel like it is a bit more green than the picture shows, and still better than teal blue.

Literally all it is is a matter of tracing out some clear plastic 8x11 sheets you can get at any craft store for a few bucks. Get yourself a decent razor knife if you don't have one. The one that I picked up awhile ago was from Hobby Lobby, they had a rainbow pack assortment. I tested a few different options until I found something I liked, once the hvac control unit is out, just be careful prying the tabs to release the face. Its pretty easy.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Update. Leds for shit. Year later has resistance build up on every contact. Put regular bulbs back in because flickers, they worked, then went out. Had to scrape film off everything. Leds were giving me a crazy idle almost felt like a miss. Think it was stealing spark from ignition. Either way Fuck those leds, don't do it.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts