Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done an earth upgrade/mod to their Primera (turbo, non Turbo)

here are some pics of what I mean.. The following are from a impreza wrx but surely it will have a "good" affect on the primera also.. I currently have a Primera SR20 GT and I am going to do this on mine today..

I did it on my old impreza wrx and it helped alot..

In theory its meant to
1,not sluggish in the morning
2,feels smoother to drive
3,feels smother changing gear
4,doesnt have anymore flat spots or hesitation whilst though the revs right up to the red line.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its dead easy to do,no drilling required.
things you need,
1,go to your nerest electrical wholesaler,newey eyre,city electrical factors,lockwell,etc,
ask to buy a roll of 6mm single heat resistant cable(choose colour,black,red,blue,yellow,whatever)(10mm would be better but it starts to stand out in the engine bay) or if you can ask if they can sell you about 20 meters(to be on the safe side) of the stuff.
the cable is of a slightly flexible feel and has 40 odd very thin copper wires in it to make the 6mm radius,(see pic back in 1st page of this topic).
or alternativly goto halfords or any car sterio centre and buy some there.as it can be used by the bass junkies out there to supply their amp,etc..
2,whilst at one of these shops buy approx 6 crimps,(lugs)with a 8mm hole in them (see pic)but make sure they fit snugly onto the cable when the end has been stripped off(the guys at the shop should be able to help you here).
3,you need a crimping tool to "crimp" the lugs onto the cable(goto b&q or focus etc and get a cheap one)
and thats all you need,unless you plan to fit more earths to your engine/body work(the more the better i suppose).

this lot shouldnt come to much money.

have a look at the pics on the 1st page of the topic,

all i did was to ,

fit one lug with cable attatched to drivers side (by shock absorber)see pics,route the cable back to the battery and connect it to the earth(neautral)terminal of the battery.

fit the second cable to the left of the engine on a pipwork bracket,see pics,and route it back to battery,

fit the third cable to the right of the engine (nearest battery).
i used the bracket that hold the dipstick in place,and again route back to battery terminal.

make sure all terminals are secure and tight.
leave a little slack of cable when fitting the cable around the engine bay to allow for engine movement(it dosnt move much though).
and thats it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
um, am i missing something? why does the impeza say twin turbo on it? im so confused

i thought the rest of the world just had the ej20 single turbo's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would still either PM Mautai916 or add to the threads referenced above. Wouldn't surprise me if he still has some ready to ship... :thumbsup:

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
spythedude said:
has anyone done an earth upgrade/mod to their Primera (turbo, non Turbo)

here are some pics of what I mean.. The following are from a impreza wrx but surely it will have a "good" affect on the primera also.. I currently have a Primera SR20 GT and I am going to do this on mine today..

I did it on my old impreza wrx and it helped alot..

In theory its meant to
1,not sluggish in the morning
2,feels smoother to drive
3,feels smother changing gear
4,doesnt have anymore flat spots or hesitation whilst though the revs right up to the red line.
I dunno about how many previous G owners grounded their cars but i know for a fact that i helped just a little over 100+ G members slap one on their car ;)

Possible benifits of installing a grounding kit:
* Increased Horse Power & Torque
* Awesome Looks
* Faster Shifts on Automatics
* Improved Mileage
* Reduced Emissions
* Stronger & Faster Starts
* Smoother Idle
* More Responsive Acceleration
* Reduced Audio Noise
* Improved Electrical Accessory Performance (brighter lights, windows/sunroofs operate faster, better radio reception, etc.)

Note: Everyone experiences something different from a grounding kit, depending on your vehicle.

If you want some feedback on what people have said bout a ground kit: Feedback 1 Feedback 2

NY2000G20t said:
I would still either PM Mautai916 or add to the threads referenced above. Wouldn't surprise me if he still has some ready to ship... :thumbsup:
I don't make my kits and wait for you to buy! I make them fresh to order! They're so fresh they even still have the " new cable" smell on it` :smoke: :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Mautai916 said:
I dunno about how many previous G owners grounded their cars but i know for a fact that i helped just a little over 100+ G members slap one on their car ;)
So you still have them ready to go?

I probably won't be able to buy a set until Sept (due to financial reasons and I just spent a bunch on my car with various maintenance). But good to know you still have them.

Do you have any pictures of them installed on a G20? Thanks.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
satanshollow said:
So you still have them ready to go?

Do you have any pictures of them installed on a G20? Thanks.
no i don't have them ready to go! I make them fresh to order dammit! :pirate:

Pictures on my car? Ask and you shall receive :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I actually found a pre made ground wire at work. Its pretty short, so I just hooked up my ground battery post to behind the fuses on the drivers side. There are some other black wires grounded there, so thats where I put it. It looks like those wire go to the windshield wiper motors?

Well, when I get some money I'll get the entire set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts