Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the 1993 1/2 model and I was curious as to why there is a half year model, and what are the differences between it and the standard 93. Also, are they more common, or do they have other differences not associated with the engine?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think the main difference is AIV (PAIR in the FSM) removal and the change to a lowport layout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's it. I know that it either happend then or in the 94 model year. If it was 94, then nothing changed in your engine.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The major change done to the engine is a less aggresive intake cam due to emission reasons:rolleyes: . The other changes are merely cosmetic.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I happen to like the automatic seatbelt. I'm a lazy bastard.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
seat belt....

Who knows for sure if the 93 has the automatic seatbelt? Because I thought I had a 93 but mine doesn't have a auto-belt....and where else can I check out the production year?

·
Registered
851 Posts
93.5 G and the search button saga

The differences between a 93, 93.5 and a 94 have been documented several times on here, by several people, including ME....please use the search button and find the many threads about it.

GAWD, I sound like a moderator now...or just a King Turd in training!!

btw, if you have auto belts, you have a 93, if you have 2 airbags, you have a 93.5.

ps btw, my post tells you the vin break for 93.5 also

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I happen to like the automatic seatbelt. I'm a lazy bastard.
i happen to agree with that statement 110%

:)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Also the intake cam on the 93.5 only changed for the AUTO not the stick...i've heard that some people have mis-matched shit.

I guess it depends on your production date of the car, and you can tell that by the drivers door jam. Mine was on 1/93 so I have the high port engine, but that AIV crap was removed and so forth...

The auto tranny changed for 93.5 from 93. I believe it also included the shift pattern (power, auto, comfort) thingie.

And again...all that other shit can be found on search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.