Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the 1993 1/2 model and I was curious as to why there is a half year model, and what are the differences between it and the standard 93. Also, are they more common, or do they have other differences not associated with the engine?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think the main difference is AIV (PAIR in the FSM) removal and the change to a lowport layout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's it. I know that it either happend then or in the 94 model year. If it was 94, then nothing changed in your engine.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The major change done to the engine is a less aggresive intake cam due to emission reasons:rolleyes: . The other changes are merely cosmetic.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
there are diff between the 2..... the 93 has the gay ass automatic seat belt while the .5 doesnt. there are other differences other than that but that is an obvious way to tell

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I happen to like the automatic seatbelt. I'm a lazy bastard.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
seat belt....

Who knows for sure if the 93 has the automatic seatbelt? Because I thought I had a 93 but mine doesn't have a auto-belt....and where else can I check out the production year?

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Re: seat belt....

G20Pimp said:
and where else can I check out the production year?
Drivers door jam will say the production date. Also what is the last 6 digits of VIN? That too can tell you if it is a .5 model.

·
Registered
851 Posts
93.5 G and the search button saga

The differences between a 93, 93.5 and a 94 have been documented several times on here, by several people, including ME....please use the search button and find the many threads about it.

GAWD, I sound like a moderator now...or just a King Turd in training!!

btw, if you have auto belts, you have a 93, if you have 2 airbags, you have a 93.5.

ps btw, my post tells you the vin break for 93.5 also

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I happen to like the automatic seatbelt. I'm a lazy bastard.
i happen to agree with that statement 110%

:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
all 93.5 are not low ports, mine is a high port. They also have dual airbags as opposed to the 93 and down.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Also the intake cam on the 93.5 only changed for the AUTO not the stick...i've heard that some people have mis-matched shit.

I guess it depends on your production date of the car, and you can tell that by the drivers door jam. Mine was on 1/93 so I have the high port engine, but that AIV crap was removed and so forth...

The auto tranny changed for 93.5 from 93. I believe it also included the shift pattern (power, auto, comfort) thingie.

And again...all that other shit can be found on search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts