Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some weird issues with my '94 G20. The car will fire right up if it's cold, and has been left alone for a while. However, after driving the car and getting it up to temperature, it will refuse to start again once shut off. To elaborate, the first time you turn the key after the car's been run, it'll crank and fire almost immediately, but only for a couple seconds. Subsequent attempts produce only cranking, without even an attempt to actually fire. We took it to two mechanics, one of whom was able to replicate the problem, but couldn't find a solution. The second mechanic couldn't even get the problem to happen, but thought that it might be a crank position sensor based on the description we gave. if anyone has had this problem before, I'd really appreciate your help.

The car has almost 140k miles, and we've been good about keeping up with the maintenance since the beginning of our ownership about 20k miles ago. Based on the info from the first mechanic, fuel pressure is good. The only other information I can think of is that it smells rich as soon as it's started, and that I can smell fuel pretty strongly inside and immediately outside the car during and after running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts