Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i start my car in the morning, it makes a loud vibrating noise that seems to be coming from the bottom front part of the engine, it humms really loud untill the car warms up then it totally disappears. i noticed a bolt was missing on the engine cover (which i thought was vibrating), so i got another and attached it and it didnt seem to help at all. can anyone diagnose this problem?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You probably have a loose shield or some other part up front. You may have hit a parking curb or something else. My car started a similar buzzing noise after the front part of the car hit a big snow drift last year. In my case it is just a panel buzzing that goes away with the lower idle speed of a warmed up engine.
You should be able to locate the source of the noise. Make sure you put your emergency brake on, and poke your head around next time you start the car cold.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive changed the oil several times after first discovering the noise, its kindof been an ongoing thing, if its just a loose panal thats probably nearly impossible to get to i think im gonna not worry about it, its definitly nothing on the surface of the engine though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts