Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a loss of power recently. When I push down on the throttle past a certain point the car would kinda peak out and stop accelarating. I checked the codes and it was 0505 (IACV). What does that mean? Should I just take it apart and clean it like it said in my searches?

I did an oil flush/change, changed oil filter and put new spark plugs in and the problem got worse. I only have a little bit of power when the gas is lightly applied. Going up hills is a dread and it just isn't fun to drive anymore. This thing is pissing me off. I can't find the IACV on my lowport... I only know where it is in a highport. So if anyone could help me out.
My air filter is dirty.. would changing it help the problem? What about if I cleaned the throttle body. Could it be a fuel problem? Im not to sure how accurate the ECU report could be... If it says that it's the IACV, could to mean something else?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
fuel regulator maybe?....I cleaned my throttle body a couple of months ago and I did notice a slight difference on hte acceleration, I don't know if changing the ari filter will help, but a dirty air filter is never good for your combustion and fuel efficiency.

Rob

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you do all of the procedures you are talking about, the problem will most likely be solved. Hard to I.D. one single procedure because chances are the problem is a combination of many things. I am having a rough idle problem and intend to do the same things you are talking about. There are many threads about the cleaning and maintenance of the Intake system and the results are amazing(more gas miles, More HP). Check the search feature.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
clean the maf sensor too..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oooh.. idont know about the MAF sensor... I wouldnt want to break that trying to clean it. Expensive shit to replace. I think I've found to IACV and I'm going to take that apart during lunch. As for the rest, air filter goes in a 12 oclock, and new spark plug wires 5 minutes after. I'll let you guys know if the code goes away

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok all fixed!
Changed the spark plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor, and the IACV code disapeared!
My car runs like a dream and idles nice a steady. Ahhh it's nice to feel that pull again!
Just thought I'd let you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts