Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed out my plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Made sure everything was good and tight, then started it up and the engine was just a shakin its ass off!
I made sure the gap was good to go, all the wires are in the right place, have I forgetten something? I haven't changed the fuel filter yet (ran out of daylight) could that be a possiblity?
I was trying to find the thread about a rough idle, but it wasn't aimed at tune up stuff. Any other advice would be great!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
So what kind of plugs did you get, and what did you gap them too? Is the rest of the stuff that you installed Nissan stuff, or aftermarket? Does the idle stumble low, is it too high, just not smooth, etc...?

·
Registered
562 Posts
well....I'm guessing either the plug wires weren't pushed in enough or they are not in order on the distributor cap....did you make sure the numbers on the cap match the cylinder numbers? Did you tighten the plugs enough that its in good...Don't do it too hard.!!! also check gap...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No aftermarket stuff, its all OEM, I gapped the plugs to .044 and as for the idle... its just not smooth. When I step on the pedal it doesnt have the accerleration like it had, seems "bogged down"

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Rose,

I am assuming that you did not have this problem before you put the new parts in.
It sounds like the plug wires may not be in the right order. You need to double check this. Also look for any vacuum hoses that you disconnected, maybe by accident. If none of this solves your problem then I would reinstall the old parts one by one until the problem goes away. Start with the wires, then plugs, then cap, then rotor. Do one change only at a time, then road test.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem is solved, but now...

Hey guys, thanks for all your input. Before I had to leave for work the next morning, I checked my plugs again, I was pushing on #1 against the cap, and felt a slight "click"... and I mean SLIGHT! apparently it did the trick.
BUT, as I was on my way home from work this afternoon, the damn check engine light came on!! Is there a possibilty when I did my engine check (all but of 5-10 minutes) that I could have fouled my plugs? :surprised

1 - 6 of 6 Posts