Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 99g20t auto (yeah i know, it sucks) anyway, i'm really tired of the lack of power my car has. i want to stay with it and hook it up, but i was wondering if there is any engine i could throw in there without major work. and of course with the new engine i defintly want to swap to 5 speed manual.

also i was Just wondering if the new S-ER specV would fit into the g20.

someone please reply, i'm in need of some serious info...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
apintojr said:
ok, i have a 99g20t auto (yeah i know, it sucks) anyway, i'm really tired of the lack of power my car has. i want to stay with it and hook it up, but i was wondering if there is any engine i could throw in there without major work. and of course with the new engine i defintly want to swap to 5 speed manual.

also i was Just wondering if the new S-ER specV would fit into the g20.

someone please reply, i'm in need of some serious info...

akuma810 said:
go do a search on the site.
Yep.

Search for turbo and SR20DET.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You'd be hard-pressed to find somebody with a QR25DE to swap into your car. The SE-R is still pretty new. Will it drop in though? Probably will. You'd be one of the first to do it though. Up to you, but I'd still do the SR20DET.

·
Registered
644 Posts
FF Drifter said:
The SE-R is still pretty new. Will it drop in though? Probably will. You'd be one of the first to do it though. Up to you, but I'd still do the SR20DET.

My friend just got the new Spec V SE-R and let me say that engine kicks ass. It's hooked up to a six- speed manual tranny and when I took it out for a spin I was able to chirp in 3rd gear...pretty cool, even the cop was impressed!... I say you try the swap and replace your auto with the six-speed

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Just because you can chirp third gear doesn't mean the car is fast :p I know someone with a very lightly modified Neon that can chirp third too, on a very old stock clutch at that.
Don't get me wrong though, Spec V's are great cars, fun to drive, lots of torque, etc... my parents are actually currently looking to possibly buy one, my mom is not impressed with the Jetta she has right now, when I was home last she drove my car and she liked it a lot more than her car. heh =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts