Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Maitnence area thought I would try here since it is prolly Engine thing anyways.......

Hey guys as of yesterday my car started bogging whenever I accelarate from a stop also while in Drive but Idle the Idle jumps up and down between 600 and 1100 or so, after I get over maybe 30 everything seems fine its under 30 that is really bad, alomost got hit cause I couldnt clear an Intersection in time...

My Ideas are

Bad Fuel Pump
Bad Fuel Filter
Bad Gas (went from 89 to 91 with about 1/4 tank left of the 89 and it only started to do this when I got to about 1/4 of a tank) I heard mixing diffrent octanes can be BAD...

Please Help I need to go see Spider Man!!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vacuum leak or bad ground.

Probably the vacuum leak from what you describe.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Geo said:
Vacuum leak or bad ground.

Probably the vacuum leak from what you describe.
Geo,

How do you fix that ? and what Vacuum ? I have this hose that connects to nothing under my hood that if you stop it up with you figer the car seemd to " Purr " better. My car sometime does the idle drop when shifting into reverse. ( embarrasing when it cuts off)

thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Indeed

What Vacuum and by bad ground do you mean my battery?

<-----------Lacks experince

·
Registered
219 Posts
this probably wont help any, but my car would always want to stall/die when i was at idle, so i just went to the store and picked up some feul injector cleaner for 7 bucks, i dont have that problem anymore...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the same problem...but not as dramatic. Every start up, it seems the idle rpm wavers a little.(from 600 to 700 rpm back and forth and then settles). But it seems like it supposed to do that cause the car isn't warmed up yet. However, when the car is already warm, when it sits at a red light, the wavering is visible if you stare at it. I originally thought it was the spark plugs misfiring(never went to verfiy), and tried putting in some fuel system cleaner, didn't do much. What else can I do? Or am I just paranoid?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dirty or non-Nissan petrol filters can cause this wavering idle on my U.K. 2.0 Primera. Nissan filters are definitely less restrictive than other brands I've tried, even an old used Nissan one is easier to blow through than a brand new other-brand couple I've tried.
Try adjusting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), it's quite critical for a steady stable idle. The lower the setting the more stable the idle becomes, but it's up to you whether you go a bit below spec.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: Indeed

Icudie said:
What Vacuum and by bad ground do you mean my battery?

<-----------Lacks experince

Reground the MAF sensor

·
Registered
23 Posts
this has happened to me as well, but it does it warmed up, and the fuel filter is new, though I am not sure that it is a true Nissan filter. The only thing tune-up wise that I have not changed yet are my O2 Sensors.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
SteveB said:
Dirty or non-Nissan petrol filters can cause this wavering idle on my U.K. 2.0 Primera. Nissan filters are definitely less restrictive than other brands I've tried, even an old used Nissan one is easier to blow through than a brand new other-brand couple I've tried.
Try adjusting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), it's quite critical for a steady stable idle. The lower the setting the more stable the idle becomes, but it's up to you whether you go a bit below spec.
How does one go about adjusting the TPS?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
thanks man. im still trying to hunt down the last of my idle problems. hopefully this will do it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts