Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get the euro spec tail lights (red & smoke/clear) or does anyone have the part number for it?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
They make them, just not in the United States. Check sites in New Zealand, the UK, and even Japan. The G20 isn't a car that looks good riced out, trust me. There's lots of better things to do to your car, but if you REALLY want to, start here: www.topnissansites.com (look hard enough and there's a few places you can get some "unique" lights for your car).

·
Registered
343 Posts
I presume he is meaning the uk lights, Clear and Red

I hardly think a g20 with primera lights is gonna look ricey.... being the same car and all. The lights are only slightly different anyway, I think the Primera lights are much nicer hehe!!

Kev

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I hardly think a g20 with primera lights is gonna look ricey.... being the same car and all.
I agree! Those red/white euro tail lights from the Primera are very nice. Would be an excellent item to offer stateside if someone was willing to import them here.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This came up a couple of times on AF. There is a dealer in Europe that was listed several times that can sell them to us. They run about $300 a set (depending upon current exchange rate).

Get the ones with the built-in fog lights. The fog lights are not like the fronts, but are red and used so others can see you in bad weather.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd be in...

Anyone with JUNKYARD contacts in Europe? I'd like a Euro set with the built-in ultra bright red foglights but would only want to pay "junkyard" prices. I would expect as well as the Primera sold in Europe there would be quite a few with front end only damage and good taillights.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I happen to like the way Primera lights (rears) look too, but I frown on those who try to put lights meant for other cars ("altezza lights", "skyline lights", etc.) so I call that ricey. BowdownG20 already clarified for me that he wants the Euro looking Primera lights, and I've looked around but haven't really been able to find any that could be bought. Anyone in UK or New Zealand that can help?

·
Registered
343 Posts
unfortunately the P11 shape wasnt around that long in the uk. 4 Years I think so there are very few crashed up primeras, and even less with the clear lenses (most models had orange corners although I suppose you could clear them out).

I'm always on the lookout for crashed primeras to get bits from so if I find any I will post a message on this Forum.

as for buying them new.... the UK is very expensive for Primera parts so I can guess they are not going to be cheap. If anyone is that desperate for some let me know and I will try and get you a price.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
kfairburn said:
unfortunately the P11 shape wasnt around that long in the uk. Cheers
Kev
Oh! I was referring to the P10 taillights. red/white combo.

·
Registered
343 Posts
same applies to the P10 although they were round a bit longer.... not many in scrap yards but again, If I come across any I will let you know!!

Kev

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've got smoked tops on my P10 and I love them. I get other g2o owners chasing me down on the road asking me where I got them and I just say Europe. Here's a little info you need to know. They are NOT cheap and the light harnesses/Bulb holders are different in the states. Just to buy the harness/bulb holders from the Euro dealership cost about 120US dollars by themself. I didn't know this and I fabricated my own but was a pain because I had to keep modifying them. The extra fog light is just one inner red light which is allways on in the us p10s. So the US P10s have allready two of these fog lights. The single Euro fog light stays on at a constant lumination which is difficult for others to tell whether your braking or not. The other inner tail light I had to cutout a hole so that both sides had inner brake red lights as well. I guess in Europe they only have outer reds lights and this "tail light fog light is only one inner red. Also the inner reds dont have as much space in them as the US P10's so it only lights up a small box w/ the Euros. Since there was so little space in the inner reds the plastic got really warm so I had to remake the holder so the bulb was further back w/ holes in it to disipate the heat. The inner reds on the Euros only light up a tiny square on each side that looks kinda funky so I might just disconect one of the filiments so that they stay off and turn on when I brake.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-DSTNY said:
So the US P10s have allready two of these fog lights.
No they don't. The rear fogs would use a much brighter bulb and would have a separate switch in the cabin to illuminate them in inclement weather.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The US. G's aren't wired for a rear fog. I wired the one of the inner brake (red) to the fog hole and cut a hole out of the other inner red to put the other brake that is found in the US. like I mentioned the airspace in the fog hole is much smaller than the US. one so it lights up only a small square than the whole thing. I'll try to post some pics later of what I mean. Basically the Euro's only have two red lights on the lower outer corners and one fog light in the inner left taillight. The US ones have a total of four red lights and the inside lenses luminate the whole piece. I have some pics on my laptop at home I'll show you what I mean later.

By the way Geo, I'm swapping my ERS springs today w/ 8" 275's up front. I'll mail you how it rides and some pics.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-DSTNY said:
The US. G's aren't wired for a rear fog.
Yes I know. It would be a strictly DIY affair.

G-DSTNY said:
like I mentioned the airspace in the fog hole is much smaller than the US. one so it lights up only a small square than the whole thing.
Right. That's because it's meant to be a fog light rather than a brake light.

G-DSTNY said:
By the way Geo, I'm swapping my ERS springs today w/ 8" 275's up front. I'll mail you how it rides and some pics.
Way cool! I need to do this. I suspect it will dramatically improve the ride. It's just all my car budget is currently going into the race car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I swapped my springs the other night and one guy that helped out has a newer BMW and he has a fog light in the back. It looks funny because its only one light off the side and if I wire mine the same way a cop might pull me over thinking that one of my tail lights is out. But it is pretty unique and it would be completely Euro style if I rewire it with the fog. BUT I NEED THE FACTORY REAR FOG LIGHT SWITCH NOW. I'm guessing that its one of the empty switches above the head unit and I don't think the switch is available in the states. If any Euro heads are reading this can somebody get the rear fog switch for me.

Geo, the springs are great I set the fronts all the way down and my 17's are flush with the fenders. The backs have 4turns and they are tucked one finger. The ride is perfect in the back the front just got a little softer to the point to get rid of the little jiggles on the freeway. The one setting up front is a little floaty so I turned them to 2 and its nice. I'm too lazy to roll my fenders so I'm just going to raise it today to a finger gap all around. Performance wise: There's a little more body roll but the GC upper mounts and stut bar compensate the softer springs well and theres a tiny nose dive at break which doesn't exist w/ the 350/250 setup. The 350 set up is way funner to go drive but the new rates are better for long cruises. Next stop Vegas woo hoo.

·
De La Code
6,945 Posts
I swapped my springs the other night and one guy that helped out has a newer BMW and he has a fog light in the back. It looks funny because its only one light off the side and if I wire mine the same way a cop might pull me over thinking that one of my tail lights is out. But it is pretty unique and it would be completely Euro style if I rewire it with the fog. BUT I NEED THE FACTORY REAR FOG LIGHT SWITCH NOW. I'm guessing that its one of the empty switches above the head unit and I don't think the switch is available in the states. If any Euro heads are reading this can somebody get the rear fog switch for me.

Geo, the springs are great I set the fronts all the way down and my 17's are flush with the fenders. The backs have 4turns and they are tucked one finger. The ride is perfect in the back the front just got a little softer to the point to get rid of the little jiggles on the freeway. The one setting up front is a little floaty so I turned them to 2 and its nice. I'm too lazy to roll my fenders so I'm just going to raise it today to a finger gap all around. Performance wise: There's a little more body roll but the GC upper mounts and stut bar compensate the softer springs well and theres a tiny nose dive at break which doesn't exist w/ the 350/250 setup. The 350 set up is way funner to go drive but the new rates are better for long cruises. Next stop Vegas woo hoo.
I'll take one of those too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow talk about thread resurrection lol ! I'm good I don't need the rear fog switch anymore & I suggest everyone just mod them to light up like USDM specs. What I was trying to write back then is that the rear fog lamp is not an extra feature (like how some audis have here) but take away one of the inner lamps found on the US. Well since you brought up a 7year old thread here's a 10 year old pic to show you what I was trying to say back then.

Okay UNLIKE this pic the Euros are wired to utilize ONLY the outer reds and only ONE of the inner reds is the fog lamp when turned on. I mentioned that the space in the inners is much smaller notice how it only illuminates a small squares. So what is shown in the pic is after I cut out the other inner "fog" so that it will have 4 reds like US spec. The inner lamp will have a circle outline where you need to dremel out if you want to do this. I just figured that using the offcenter fog lamp wouldn't be used much and even if I did it might look like I have a tail lamp out and gives a lame excuse to pull me over.
And yes that a G20 conversion van in the back a staple family whip for flips in the 80's lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts