Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can get eurotail light covers for a 99 G20T and where to purchase them. Also, any suggestions on some interior lighting setup for the inside. I would like to go for something in a cool blue color that runs around the doors, dash, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i'm not sure what you mean by eurotail light covers, but nobody makes altezza style lights, or snap-on covers for them. you can smoke them though. as for interior light, the first step would be to change the dome lightbulb and map lights (mine are red). you can also install neon under the seats. do some searching and see what others have done...

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
ikimery said:
Anyone know if you can get eurotail light covers for a 99 G20T and where to purchase them.
Don't know what your talking about.

You have two options, smoke or clear

Smoke comes as a spray that you spray on to the lights in many thin coats for the best result.

Clear out the orange is the most common thing to do. Click Here to see how that is done.

ikimery said:
Also, any suggestions on some interior lighting setup for the inside. I would like to go for something in a cool blue color that runs around the doors, dash, etc.
Replace the light bulbs in the map lights, dome lights, etc. Then put neon under seats and dash panels. That is about all you can do.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
SMOKE PAINT!

YUP No 'eurolights' are available... So view the other options, especially clearing them... that should be close to what you want.

However, to smoke the backlights... what kind of spray paint do you use? Name/Brand... you know... and how do you apply it?... I have a P10 by the way... ;) Anyone knows???

Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
How hard would it be to smoke the P11 tails??? The clear part???
Not any harder than any other car. Light coats are the key. Do a search, I think someone explained this in great detail once.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think what he means by "euro" tails are like what you see on cars like the Passat or Jetta. I tend to think of those as euro lights, and the clear lights (like on the new Altima or Maxima) are "altezza" style. So although only the Altezza legitimately looks hella good with them, I think its safe to say that "altezza" style lights are a cosmetic trend that even car manufacturers are picking up on to use on OEM parts.

But no, there are no "euro tail covers" for the G20. Ghetto-rig some if you want and tell us how it went. Just don't put Skyline body parts on your car...please......

·
Registered
470 Posts
yo straight up...if I saw a p11 with altezza lights...my gosh....someone would have to hold me back cuz I would lose my mind...

but they don't have it for the p11 anyways so good.

Dude just clear it and then smoke it. Don't just smoke it over that nasty orange peice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you "clear" and "smoke" the tail lights? What would it look like? Sorry for the dumb questions, just got my G20T a little while ago and it's my first car. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Re: Re: Eurotails and interior lighting

ikimery said:
How do you 'clear' and 'smoke' the tail lights? What would it look like? Sorry for the dumb questions, just got my G20T a little while ago and it's my first car. Thanks.
trbobrk said:
Smoke comes as a spray that you spray on to the lights in many thin coats for the best result.

Clear out the orange is the most common thing to do. Click Here to see how that is done.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey i am thinkin of clearin out my tails and corners, by taking out the orange plastic, like posted before. How much time did that take, and how hard was it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jason, clearing the tails and corners doesn't take too long so long as you have a Dremel tool (these things are amazing). I would say clearing all 4 corners would take a day or 2.

I cleared my fronts in an afternoon, then the next day cleared my tails. Hope this helps.

-John

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
Clearing out the tail lights on a p10 wouldnt be anything like taking a piece of plastic out of the p11s. im sure Tim the tool man Taylor could do it, but since the entire top casing is orange id be pretty clueless

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Its very easy to do, do a search on NITE SHADES that spray is awesome, i did two light coats on my car, and also look how dope it looks at night...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts