Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Ever wanted to convert your auto to a 5spd?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  2000 G-Twenty-T 
#1 ·
Ive been out of the G20 loop for a while since ive been in the BMW world, but ive owned 5 g20s (1-P11 and 4 P10s) and ive converted 4 of them to 5 spds, and just did it again to the 95 P10 i recently bought to build up cuz i love G20s. If anyone is interested in getting help that lives around the Portland Oregon Area, ill be more than glad to help for free. But I had an experience that i never posted on this forum with a 95 G20t and a early P10 (93-) tranny swap. The early models use a cable driven speedo and if you want to modify your cluster to accept a cable driven speedo it can be quiet a task and I know how to do it without modiying the printed curuit board on back and having enough clearence left over to fit the cable thorugh. So if anyone needs help, ill help convert for free if you provide the parts.

#6 ·
I am looking to do a P10 tranny swap in my 96 (the one lucifer mentioned) and I bought a 92 SE-R tranny...what will I have to do in order to convert it for the cable drive to work? your help is appreciated

#8 ·
well i live in cleveland oh kinda thinkin bout selling my 92 g20 p10 but now that i know this can be done to it i might keep it and drive up that way this summer.

#10 ·
I'm soooo close to the swap...i only need a few more parts...but im broke so i have to wait till my next paycheck comes in...i still need the flywheel, shifter, mounts, and a couple other pieces.

#13 ·
i wish i could do the swap on mine but i dont have the money rite now..... but does anyone know if u could swap it for a non hydraulic clucth..... i love old school clutches

#14 ·
^^doood your sig is hyooog

you guys should do what im doing. buy piece by piece, and expect to do it during the summer.

ive got a motor mount, a flywheel, a clutch line, and a short shifter.

im just buying from the list as i find deals and have the money. i hope to do the swap by summer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.