Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured I right a little review since there isn't much info or people using this clutch. I guess most go for the ACT or Centerforce. I chose Exedy since it was the only clutch company to NOT have a horror story. Plus I found a crazy deal online that I couldn't pass up. I got it for like $220 shipped over a year ago. First off this is not the cheap, OEM replacement, Ebay exedy clutch. This is the stage 1 with 52% more clamping force (I don't really know what that means?)

I had it installed by someone so I don't have really anything much to say on the installation part. He said it was a pain due to some bolt but other than that straight forward.

Only have about 150 miles on the clutch now. Since I'm breaking it in still I am kinda babying it. But it definately grabs great so far. The pedal is stiffer than stock but not bad by no means. I can see myself in a few hours of traffic and not have the urge to pop a vicodin. It's lighter than my friends ACT 2600 that he has in his talon. So far no complaints what so ever. There is zero chatter, and zero shudder on take off. I am only boosting 3.5 lbs right (wastegate issue i think) now but will be pushing 7 soon. I will update this again when I get to really test it out. I guess I will give it a week or so. I drive about 125 miles a day but most of it is highway. I should be right below 200 ft lbs of torque when done so we'll see if the exedy hold up.

If anyone has opinions on this paticular clutch kit post up.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CarloSR said:
Have I ever told you that your setup is amazing, still using the DE injectors ?
I do believe you have over the few years I been here! Yup still using the stock 259cc's and the stock fuel pump. Car is driving like it's brand new now too! Except for some squeeling belts that I have to tighten. Right now only boosting about 3-4 lbs though. Not positive why but I think the wastegate is messed up. But I just got a boost controller so I am going to put it back up to the 6.5 or 7 this week. Even at 3 lbs it's pulling great with the new clutch. What a difference a clutch makes.

Sorry no pics of the clutch. I had the thing for a year before I installed it and never took any. It did look like the clutch in you link though.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: well I've been getting on it pretty good. Still no noise and no slipping. I upped the boost to around 7lbs. Still no problems. It grabs really good. It doesn't seem to grab as well as it did the day I put it in but it's definately not slipping. I think I am just getting use to it now. The other morning I drove my car and the pedal felt a little soft? I'm not sure what that was all about but it's fine now. Maybe it was in my head. So up to this point if your running around 200hp this seems to be a very good clutch. I don't do any track events so I don't know how it would hold up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
did you replace the flywheel as well, or resurface it? If you replaced it, which flywheel did you use?

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't touch the flywheel.

BTW nice to see another G owner from Meriden! Mine's red with a cute little front mount. Maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
52% over stock clamp load or suttin like that. I would assume they are talking about tq and not hp since hp is irrelevant to a clutch. Or at least that is what I'm led to believe. It's been holding great for me. I've been getting a little bucking issue that I thought might be the clutch but now I think it's a fuel or spark problem. I tested this theory by side stepping the clutch at around 4k rpms. Holy did it grab! I thought for sure I broke an axle or the tranny! So I'm pretty sure it's not the clutch that's been my prob. The exedy clutch has still been perfect! Put about 5k miles on it so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice setup, there are a couple other g's around... where did you get that clutch from? I keep seing that that PN is discontinued...just like everything else for our cars. drop me a Pm, i'd like to check out your setup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought this clutch kit "exedy stage 1" for my p10 2.eGT, ill let ya know how i get on. :) I just tooka pic of it aswell so ill bung it up on here for ya mark

still gota fit drive shafts, change gearbox mounts and engine mounts and fit recon engine, (cracked head on last one) , managed to get another eGT unit , so hopefully the ten will live on.

hoody

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
little update.

This clutch blew up on me. After about 60k miles the TOB cracked as well as the clutch disc. I would say the only thing good here is the pressure plate. I still loved the way the clutch grabbed and the pedal feel but definately don't used the TOB that comes with it. The disc is the standard one that comes in most every clutch kit including OEM nissan and ACT.

here is a link to the thread with details and pics http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82197&highlight=manual

1 - 12 of 12 Posts