Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you US guys measure exhaust diameter?

OD or ID?

Need to know which it is because don't want to order the wrong Magnaflow parts.

Basically want to have a cat-back built with Magnaflow mufflers/pipes the same ID as the ssac 2.5".

Does that mean I should order the Magnaflow parts in 2.5" also?

·
Registered
30 Posts
stoney78 said:
How do you US guys measure exhaust diameter?

OD or ID?

Need to know which it is because don't want to order the wrong Magnaflow parts.

Basically want to have a cat-back built with Magnaflow mufflers/pipes the same ID as the ssac 2.5".

Does that mean I should order the Magnaflow parts in 2.5" also?
Yes good question.....and it would also help a lot to translate these inches to mm. Handy for those EU types like us two :shifty:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
markbuts3 said:
Generally I'd say the US sites list ID sizes for exhaust pipework, but looking at this pic it looks like it's 2.5" OD.

ID of the ssac 2.5" is not 2.5" indeed. That's what got me wondering.

·
Registered
590 Posts
there was a discussion about that before. The measurements where most likely taken as the outer diameter of the exhaust pipe and not the inner.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
TE's02p11G said:
YOu are just too fast Mark. I swear it wasnt there before!!
It wasn't, I said "looking at this pic" then used the thread url in the IMG tags (so it didn't show up obviously). I just edited it as it looks kinda strange speaking about a pic that isn't there :-\

·
Registered
590 Posts
markbuts3 said:
It wasn't, I said "looking at this pic" then used the thread url in the IMG tags (so it didn't show up obviously). I just edited it as it looks kinda strange speaking about a pic that isn't there :-\

See you're like Flash... super fast! LoL. I didn't know how to image the thing, but I thought I would just chime in on a fellow member. I posted it thinking you may have forgotten. hehe

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Almost certain that OD is indicated every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts