Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would include a brief "synopsis" of my exhaust woes. My 96 G 5 spd had the exhaust rusting problem. I tired to go stock cat-back off of ebay $215 shipped!!! great price, but 3 days after paypaling the the money, it was refunded with "we don't have anymore" and the included message. (even though the ebay auction said there were 97 in stock....no no Iam not bitter at all). Anyway the cat back can be viewed at mandrelexhaustsystems.com. I got the 2.5" aluminized system and paid $40 extra bucks to get a resonator put on. I highly recommend them...I dealt with Josh. Now the only complaint I have is that the tip was not welded on perfectly in the right position. It is a stainless slash cut tip and it is a quarter inch rotated to the passenger side...but noone will ever notice but me. Sounds great! low tone, moderatly loud under load. Went is real easy...getting the old one off the cat was a whole different story!

·
Custom title !!!!!yay
2,458 Posts
hey malady what do you mean p11 soon, is that under development or something ?single or dual tip ?

can we get a sound clip from anyone running the 2,5'' ????

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The downpipe had been replaced...so I unbolted the cat and sawed off the bolts, and drilled them out......not so much fun, but I made due with what I had.

·
Registered
288 Posts
it was only piping and for the p10 i could search for the link
as for what it sound like its fucking loud, gonna get another resonator and compared

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have been looking at their systems as well.

ALthoiugh when I emailed them to as if I could get a "quieter" muffler than the straight thruigh Magnaflow, he emailed back and said 'the magnaflows are pretty quiet" Uhhhh not so much.

I think Im going to have them send it without a muffler/tip welded on so I can pick my own.

WHat kinda hardware did the kit come with?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kit comes in 3 sections, straight pipe with flange for cat (and has welded in resonator if you get one), intermediate pipe makes both of the main bends for our exhaust, and the muffler section. The intermediate pipe connects to the cat pipe via slip joint and "U" clamp, and connects to the muffler section with a ball and socket joint. My system (with the standard magnaflow resonator) is not loud at all, but does has a little drone when under accel between 2-5K rpm. besides for clamp hardware, there was a gasket and new bolts to mount to cat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't see any option for resonators, so I ordered one without one...$255 2-1/2" aluminized. Don't do this if you value your hearing. But it performs nicely!

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Zillerr,

How about a pic off the exhaust on your car?

·
Registered
444 Posts
My 99 P11 has stock exhaust. I looked into the Mandrelexhaustsystems.com website and saw the complete 2.5 in system for $120 which is a good price and looks like other users have been happy with this company. As far as the muffler goes, has anyone ever had any luck with a "looping" or "twin-loop" muffler design? I want to uncork my system, but I use this car daily including trips out with the wife. She hated my last car's exhaust which wasnt all that loud, but was noticably more "buzzy" than stock. I really value the sound level as well as HP gains with this purchase, so I am willing to shell out a few more bucks for better noise suppression. I guess adding on a resonator would help too. Any thoughts?

A header is in the works as well, but I will probably use some no name unit, but thats a discussion for another thread.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
4cylndrfury,

Sounds interesting..let us know what you find out with a quieter muffler.. my wife would be happy if I got one that wasn't as loud too. ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I didn't see any option for resonators, so I ordered one without one...$255 2-1/2" aluminized. Don't do this if you value your hearing. But it performs nicely!
So in other words it's extrememly loud?

Also a couple of questions.
For performance is it better to have aluminized steel or stainless steel?
Can u upload a clip of it so i can see how it sounds with the resonator?
Also if anyone has bought this or is buying this without the resonator could u upload a vid so i can listen to it without the resonator?

·
Registered
642 Posts
there is no difference between ss and as for performance. The bit benefit to Stainless is that its less likely to corrode, which is an issue in Snow states, especially ones that salt the roads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts