Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright as an avid reader of the g20.net posts i know that the g20 has a pretty good stock exhaust that as infiniti puts it (was designed to squeaze every ounce of power out of the G)
Knowing this i still want an exhaust that will give me some hp gains and give me a cool sound. Nothing too loud and nothing ricy, but a nice sound. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
how much are you looking to spend? If cost doesn't matter I'd recommend a remus rear section w/ a custom mandrel bent 2.25" b-pipe w/ a good quality resonator. For a P11, maybe the Greddy Evo exhaust, those look and sound very nice, not quite as expensive either.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much do exhausts usually run for? I was thinking of spending around 350 for an exhaust but now i'm confused. I also prefer duel heads to the ehaust instead of one big head. Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
how much do exhausts usually run for? I was thinking of spending around 350 for an exhaust but now i'm confused. I also prefer duel heads to the ehaust instead of one big head. Any more suggestions?
I am thinking for $350, you will want to have a 2.25" or 2.5" custom cat-back with a Wagner or Dynomax Thrush glasspack as a resonator and either a Magnaflow Stainless #14258 2.5" inlet/2.25" dual tip out or Dynomax Stainless #17266 2.5" inlet/2.5" dual tip out muffler. You should be able to keep the costs down with this set-up and it will look nice and sound great. Both of these have a large diameter 18" long can and are 24" in in overall length. They should fit perfectly, are the largest muffler you can fit under there and will keep the exhaust tones deep and mellow.

You might, I repeat might, be able to get mandrel bends for that cost, but I highly doubt it. You'll want to make sure the muffler shop is a reputable shop as well so they don't crush the hell outta the bends.

Others may have there own opinions, these are just mine from personal experience with Magnaflow, Dynomax, and Borla.

www.magnaflow.com
www.dynomax.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks to Nismo, I put on the Magnaflow, and I absolutely love it! It is a little too loud, and I might put in a glasspack, but I LOVE the way that it sounds. Its deep, and aggressive.

Thanks NismoPC!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
JBLoudG20 said:
Thanks NismoPC!!!
No problem. You will most definitely want a Wagner or Thrush glasspack mounted after the cat. It will help out, especially with the in cabin resonance. I purchased the Thrush glasspack at Jegs locally for around $15, but you can buy online as well at www.jegs.com and it is a straight through, perforated core.

What Magnaflow did you go with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts