Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer tells me that I need a new exhaust pipe and muffler and quoted a price of $1K. Anyone know if this is a legit price? Am I better off going to midas? thanks.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Pends how long you want your Zorst to last ..............

It hurts ..... But if you get the OEM zorst they will do 40K ....... Which by any calculations is freakin' good .........

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Go to practically any exhaust shop and they can fab something up for a few hundred. $1000 is kind of ridiculous. If you go online and get a stock replacement it's $120 for the muffler and $155 for the pipe from the cat to the muffler. Add in a hundred or so for labor and it's still only around $300.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Calsonic OEM parts for that money ........ Yeah ok

$700 is reasonable money for a Dealer fitted Calsonic system ........ may be $800 but thats pushing it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
thats a shitty deal... why do you need this?
My exhaust is making a rough grinding noise. I just wanted to see if it was worth the dealer doing it or just going to midas. If you guys recommend going the aftermarket route, which exhaust do you recommend? and can I just order it and have a shop put it on? thanks.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
It's Bosal... dunno how that compares to Zorst or Calsonic, but whatever.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you want an almost new OEM muffler section, I could sell you mine from my 99 g20t. It only has about 10K miles on it (dry Southern Calif. too). I've been running a Remus for 90K miles but still kept the stock muffler just in case. Looks like I won't need it!
Pm me and we could work something out.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ebay sells the full cat back oem style for $180ish. I don't know about fit or finish but it's $820 cheaper.. :D

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Romulus219 said:
Dealer tells me that I need a new exhaust pipe and muffler and quoted a price of $1K. Anyone know if this is a legit price? Am I better off going to midas? thanks.
all the dealers are only good for warranty work after that .... u'r crazy if u step foot in there again for labor

·
Registered
640 Posts
Exactly ^^ What he said. Find a local "mom and pops" shop in your area. I hate Midas and think their work sucks. Ask around and find a small muffler shop. I just had a catback put on for under 350. This included larger mandrel bent piping, resonator, and a muffler. Do NOT give the dealer a grand.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thats right

Screw the dealer $1K scam!
Go to any good local shop, most Midas and CarX shops are franchise deals so they may be OK too. That is to say, its not the name on the door that matters, its the quality of the staff and parts.
Tell them you want high quality: big resonator, big muffler and as close to mandrel bent (2"-2.5") tubing as they can provide. Should end up << $500.
Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've decided to forego the exhaust replacement and trade in my G for an IS350. Thanks to everyone for replying. The G was an incredible car and to date has been the best car I've ever owned. Hope everyone continues to enjoy their G.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts