Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Infiniti Or Nissan For Repairs On G20's

I just had my car worked on by Nissan. I had the base idle and timing adjusted back to stock, but what I don't get is that it looks as though the distributor is advanced all the way (pulled towards the firewall) The car runs fine and seems almost the same as before with a little more performance. I saw that and thought something was funny right away, because I read that the middle of the distributor should be roughly 15 degrees. I asked to speak to the mechanic who adjusted it and he told me since the car has a lot of miles (188,??? miles) that the timing chain loosens up and you have to readjust the timing he said that in my case that is where 15 degrees is. Should I trust them? I mean they are nissan and would have most likely done this to a Sentra. He told me they used Consult too, but I think all Nissan dealerships do.

Thanks for any input guys!

By the way, I took a picture of where the distributor is with my phone about 10 minutes after I paid just in case something goes wrong and if I go back they can't tell me I messed with the distributor myself. I can show the timestamped picture. Any ideas if that might hold up in court? Just in case.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
My local Nissan dealer is 1st class .......

Check the timing yerself if you don't believe em :beard:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah, I know..I checked it with my digital timing light and it looks like it varies from 15-17 degrees..that is with the TPS plugged in..for some reason I can never get my car into timing mode that's why I took it to the dealer. Any more input?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
653 Posts
well it seems that they did it right, so i wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
ive never had any problems with a dealership but i always go back and check their work to make sure they arent overcharging me or setting me up for another repair.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think I need to trust them since they are Nissan..I just don't get how the distributor can be all the way advanced and have the idle at around 890..they told me they moved the idle up, so the car can feel smoother which it does. They must have done something than to the idle and timing since the idle is still below 1000.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts