Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the MSD SCI and the external coils on their G's? If not would anyone recommend doing this? just thought I'd ask since I haven't seen much in this area for our cars... :confused:

·
Registered
146 Posts
From what I have read no one has gotten any significant improvements from aftermarket ingnitions unless you are running lots of boost or a big shot of nitrous, with the exeption of nology wires, I have heard that nology wires will help a little in the low end but gave no gains in peak hp. I have no first hand experiece with ignition systems but if you search se-r.net archives you can read alot about what others have tried. Hope that helps.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
That's correct.

Upgraded ignitions offer no real benefits to our cars unless you are running some boost.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
gdalton said:
From what I have read no one has gotten any significant improvements from aftermarket ingnitions unless you are running lots of boost or a big shot of nitrous, with the exeption of nology wires, I have heard that nology wires will help a little in the low end but gave no gains in peak hp. I have no first hand experiece with ignition systems but if you search se-r.net archives you can read alot about what others have tried. Hope that helps.
You've been paying attention grasshopper. :asian:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what I am hearing here is not to mess with this part of the engine unless I go to a high boost turbo on my engine?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
ravenx5 said:
So what I am hearing here is not to mess with this part of the engine unless I go to a high boost turbo on my engine?
That is correct! HeyOOOhhhhhhh!

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts