Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was installing a CD changer and noticed that the back of the BOSE Headunit had two 'extra' white plugs. One is for the CD Changer, but what is the other used for?

I'm curious if it's an extra output (BOSE sub anyone?) or maybe for steering wheel controls...

Edit:
Found a picture.

Also found this was used in the following models:

95-99 Maxima/Infiniti I30
98-00 Nissan Pathfinder & QX4
99-02 Infiniti G20

Model No.: PN2261F
Nissan Part No.: 281887J200

Were there any audio options available on these cars that weren't on the G20? I looked through a bunch of Used Car pictures, none seemed to have steering wheel controls.

Can anybody share some insite on this???

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
c'mon one of you parts guys has to know! Was this head unit used in any other Nissan/Infiniti products? That might help shed some light on the issue....

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
completely a guess but it may be the wiring harness for cars with cell phone interupts, for instance if you have it set up properly when ur cell rings it turns off whatever is playing in your stereo, and the phone conversatin is transmitted thru your sprks and a microphone.

·
Registered
731 Posts
it's for the CD changer. i got it on my newly acquired p11

cd changer and head unit are both up for sale

·
Original Owner Bitch.
3,099 Posts
One side has more pins than the other. :zoinks:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey I think we could get the steering wheel control on P11s!! I just bought a 2000 Q45 and it has steering wheel mounted controls and its the same bose head-unit as my old P11. IM gonna leave it to someone else to do the homework on this but i think it is possible!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
interesting indeed. ....didn't someone install a Q45 steering with a while back? Might need to hit him up about connections, etc... <goes searching>

1 - 20 of 28 Posts