Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how long the factory alarm goes off for? just curious because my car was broken into lastnight. as i found it this morning the alarm was not going off, but when i opened the door with the broken window the alarm went off.

Matt

·
♥
3,947 Posts
it wont go off if the window is broken, the hood, doors, or iirc the trunk must be opened to trigger it.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
AzG20P11 said:
it wont go off if the window is broken, the hood, doors, or iirc the trunk must be opened to trigger it.
^^ That too... no glass breakage or motion sensors in the stock alarm unless you add them yourself.

If a thief is careful (and most are), they will break the window, climb into the car, steal what they want, then climb out -- never opening the door lock or the door. That prevents the alarm from ever going off. Stupid, huh?

- Greg -

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was aware there are no window or motion sensors. the thief broke the vent window. i dont think anybody is capable of climbing in through there. nothing was stolen. the alarm must of scared him away.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
slimlou said:
Can we add motion sensors and/or other switches to the factory alarm, so that it truly is, a 'car alarm'?
In theory it's possible... though I dont think anyone has actually done it. Years ago I bought the sensors to do this but got lazy and never installed them. You will need the circuit diagram of the Smart Entrance Control Unit (SECU) so you can determine which wires are the signal wires from the door/trunk/hood sensors. Then tap in your other sensors, probably best with a relay, and youre all set.

- Greg -

·
Registered
973 Posts
This is one reason why I want to increase exposure and confusion by adding extra led's.

Sorry this happened to you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would also be nice if the "security" light stayed on the whole time.

Matt

·
Registered
973 Posts
mcguiver7 said:

Matt
my thoughts exactly

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
mcguiver7 said:
It's not supposed to stay on all the time. The light stays on until the arming sequence is completed (about 30 sec IIRC), then it will blink to tell you it is armed. If you have a steady light all the time, the system isnt armed.

- Greg -

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think what he is trying to say is that it would be a nice feature if it stayed on by default, meaning more visibility at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum. I have 1993 G20, the alarm went off automatically especially during the night. Nobody is fiddling with the car. Sometimes it just went off while parked in the mall parking. Really do not know what to do? Can somebody tell me how to disable this alrm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think what he is trying to say is that it would be a nice feature if it stayed on by default, meaning more visibility at night.
^^ exactly^^

crazyg20, are you talking about factory alarm or aftermarket? factory alarm is just the horn honking. factory is triggered by doors opening or hood/trunk. if it's an after market alarm, it could be multiple things.

1 first check the sensitivity setting.
2 check the positive and ground connection the alarm.
3 low battery can also cause the alarm to go off

·
Registered
572 Posts
crazyg20 said:
New to the forum. I have 1993 G20, the alarm went off automatically especially during the night. Nobody is fiddling with the car. Sometimes it just went off while parked in the mall parking. Really do not know what to do? Can somebody tell me how to disable this alrm.
try to search for the manual am sure theres an adjustable sensor somewhere, mean theres most be , just like aftermarket alarms.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts