Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 g20. I'm trying to install a 200 watt Alpine cd player in it. When I went to circuit city, they said my car probably has a factory installed amp and it cost $80 more to bypass this amp. I would like to know if my car has the amp, can any tell me? Also does anyone know where it is, and why they can't just install the cd player and hook it up to the amp? Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
they are in the trunk.. look in the trunk and then look up .. 2 metal boxes that look like cheese graters

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, they do have amps, but they only run the back speakers (6.5"). i had a problem with this when putting a new stereo into my 91 P10 G20.. i intended to leave the deck and just replace the speakers (doing it myself, of course). well, i put in the front speakers, turned the stereo on and they sounded nice, so we rigged in the back speakers, turned it on.. no sound came out of the back speakers and the deck started to smoke.. so we had to take it to a car audio shop and have them re-wire around the amps and buy a new deck for the car. ultimately, it sounded better, but i just wish that i had known before i put in the speakers!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 94 G20t and installed my Sony head unit w/o a problem. I also installed my cd-changer w/o any problem. I'm ready to install what I have!!! Kenwood PS 300 for MTX 3x!0's / JBL GTQ 360 for my BA Pro Series and Infinity speakers..., or should I use the Rockford Fosgate Punch 600w a4 for the speakers??? Oh, I'm trying to fit my 6 1/2 BA on the door panel. Wish me luck guys!
I will share pictures on what I'm trying to do.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Help!

I just learned about these Factory amps! I was trying to install my rear speakers yesterday, and I had such a hard time that I gave up!! I couldn't get the rear deck off!! :bored: I tried everything... I couldn't pull the grills off, couldn't unscrew anything!! :-\ Does anyone know how to change these speakers.? I already installed my amp, and Subs. I need Mids and Highs now... I don't even know How to get the door speakers out!! Please Help! Or guide me throughout the forum if this discussion already took place!! HELLPP!! :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
What power do the factory amps put out? And, why would someone not just use them? Assuming you were going for a decent sound and not 10,000 watts sound :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
naw the factory amps suck. i sometimes get weird buzzing noises from the back speakers because they cant handle even moderately loud bass. i thought it was the speakers but the store replaced them and it didnt fix it. they found the factory amps and said thats probably what the problem was. then again maybe they just wanted to sell me a new amp...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Re: Help!

Fraychild said:
I I couldn't get the rear deck off!! :bored: I tried everything... I couldn't pull the grills off, couldn't unscrew anything!! :-\ Does anyone know how to change these speakers.? I already installed my amp, and Subs

www.automotiveforums.com g20 section go there and look around. many topics on taking off the rear deck.

yeha the factory stuff need to be bypassed even when takin out. so sometimes ista bitch to get teh rears to work

·
Registered
158 Posts
What power do the factory amps put out? And, why would someone not just use them? Assuming you were going for a decent sound and not 10,000 watts sound

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the wattage of factory amps. Well..., the factory system is good enough for people who doesn't mind how they listen to the music. Some people drive their car as is & don't modify them for a change. Same thing about every aspect in life. You don't want to eat, wear, or see everything same time over and over again unless it's your favorite stuff. I like to change my car audio system because I like music(from classical/opera/-rap). I mean you just don't know what you're missing in the broad spectrum of sound. When you upgrade your stock system into after market audio system, you will hear more music(instruments),
clarity of the music, and will be able to enjoy listening to other music. So when you go for a long ride..., you won't be bored getting to point A-B.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You know what? I think the factory speakers that I had, Clarion were pretty decent for a bass. It was made out of kinda' plastic but the part that sucked were the center piece. It was paper cone! Why did they went cheap on that? The bass sounds were pretty decent, but then again..., nothing can beat after market speakers;) Peace :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts