Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory cassette/stereo on my '93 Infiniti G20 and the green display is out......occasionally it'll come on for a few seconds and may blink a few times, but now 99% of the time it doesn't display anything. The radio and the cassette work fine. I just don't know which stations i'm accessing.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Make sure all the connections are tight in the back. If they are bad, then you may need a new HU. Either that or find some way to repair it...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Same thing

Hey man the same damn thing happened to me, I took it out to see what was wrong with it and when I put it back in the light worked! But two days later it went out again, so your best bet is to live through it or get a new HU!

Wish I could help, but your not the only one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem with same year. Pulled it out and pulled the wires.. then shook it. (went off and on) then decided it was time for a new Head. :lick:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not too knowledgeable myself, but when i bought my 99 g20t I noticed the radio lights went out when I turned on my headlights. I then realized that there was a dimmer and i had it turned down, so that when the headlights went on the unit lights went off. I turned that up and all was well. Try that, but I think everyone else may be right and that it is time for a new head unit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a radio with tape deck and CD player (separate from the radio which mounts in the storage compartment below the heater controls) on ebay recently. I didn't need the radio, but installed the CD player. I works great and took about 20 minutes to install.

However, for fun, I connected and tested the radio just to see if it worked. The display didn't work, so I took it all apart. There are four screws on the top radio then the front display can be removed. Once I removed the front display and put in back in, the display worked again. You may want to try that.

A non-working display on the 93.5 radio is nothing new. About three years ago the display quit on the original radio in my car. I did some soldering on it and it worked for a year or so then quit again. By tapping on various components on the main board, I finally traced the problem to a surface mount transistor that had a bad solder joint. Since resoldering the transistor, I have not had any problem with the display.

So, the display is fixable rather than burned out, but you have to have a good soldering station and a little persistence. If you replace the unit, please don't throw it away. I would like to buy it if you are willing to sell it.

Jerry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing on my 2000 G20t where the little rectangular panel that displays the time doesn't light up 100% of the time. Most of the time it lights up, but sometimes it doesn't or it comes on after a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts