Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took the G in on Fri. for smog check for registration and...IT FAILED!!

basically the guy told me the mark on the block that he needed to use to check the timing wasn't there. other than that the G passed with flying colors. however i could use some help because im not sure what the hell he is talking about. he had some broken ass english so...

anyways my registration is gonna be late unless i go get it passed quickly. id like to go back to the same place since i get a free re-test within 30 days.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
its some metal thing that sticks out...kinda like a nail that points to some marks on your crank pulley to tell you what you timing is at. he just needs to make sure it mark on the one that sez 15 degrees. i am sure if u look onthe block you can see where its missing or broken and just jbweld a new one on there.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hang on a minuite ...... WTF is this all about ?

I thought a emmsions test was just that ? A test of the cars Exhaust Output ?

I understand why he wanted to check the timing, but is it necessary ?

:beard:

You could glue a bit of somthing on there, umm like a matchstick & some epoxy ;)
Then slap the mech for being a lazy git :naughty:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Its california smog test. we have the stupidest freakin' smog test in the world

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Dilong26 said:
Its california smog test. we have the stupidest freakin' smog test in the world
Thats as may be but you don't need to know the timing setting to test the emmisions

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah they are pretty wack. I had that problem with my 944 turbo. they need to make sure the car is running the smae way as shipped from the factory because god forbid you dump an extra carbon monoxide molecule out your tail pipe. even if you are within the limit for your vehicle sheesh. not only that but some butt head in california is now trying to sue all the major automakers because they produce carbon dioxide??? yeah the stuff that comes outta your mouth when you exhale??? cow farts have more CO2??????
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14924286/

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
dude now thats just fucking ridiculous...I fucking hate how people will try to do ANYTHING to make a few bucks. I bet those people suing are still driving their motherfuckin cars around and shit.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I realised that the usa saying it was the land of the free was pushing it a bit ...... More like the land of the "@ no extra cost" ....... But thats goin' it a bit....... Can ya not just register your car in some other state & flip them the Bird ? ;)

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Important Note: If your vehicle fails at a Test Only Smog Check center, you will need to seek repairs at a Test and Repair station. The Test and Repair smog station may charge you a second smog inspection fee as part of their diagnosis.
Does "NEED" mean "HAVE" or does it just mean We would like you to use a test & Repair Station?

Does anyone have any numbers ....... How much yer allowed, testing procedures, equiptment required..... Test machinery calibration certification requirements etc etc....... Well if they get shitty with yas ............ Ya gotz to be able to be shitty back ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts