Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service tells me that my fan belts need replacement. My car has 67K miles on it and runs fine - no squealing on acceleration, smooth, etc. My question is how urgent is this problem? I got a lot going on for the next 4 months and am hoping to get it done after that. Too risky to wait that long?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. Do you have a link to how to do this yourself? I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff, but to give you an idea of my skill - I did do the foglight mod on my car.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Fan belt???....our cars have electrical fans, my suggestion is to take it to another shop....as far as replacing the 2 that our cars have, it might take ou a couple of hours considering your skills, but once you take the first one out the other is a piece of cake...good luck.

Rob

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
its not hard to do..just untighting and replacing old with new..but the space you have is very limited..so small hands come in handy..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Romulus219 said:
Service tells me that my fan belts need replacement. My car has 67K miles on it and runs fine - no squealing on acceleration, smooth, etc. My question is how urgent is this problem? I got a lot going on for the next 4 months and am hoping to get it done after that. Too risky to wait that long?

Thanks.
You know, if they're gonna replace the fan belt then why don't you tell them to replace the timing belt and the rear differential too. :evil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
99g20t said:
You know, if they're gonna replace the fan belt then why don't you tell them to replace the timing belt and the rear differential too. :evil:
I'm just going by what Infiniti service told me. They said the "fan belts" need to be replaced, its even printed on my invoice as "fan belts".

I looked it up and it seems like they are talking about the drive belts.

If anyone can gimme a quick tutorial on what I need to do, where to look for it, etc. it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts