Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i found this survey and thought it would be interesting to see what everyones opinion was..being the car psychopath that i am, i have a shitload, and im prob forgetting a bunch...but hear goes nothing:

1) Peugeot 405 mi16: I like all of the 405s, but this is the only one that would qualify as a "sports" sedan. sweet motor, pininfarina styling, all in what was considered to be the best handling sedan at the time...it's also my current layout. It's extremely rare in the US.

2) Peugeot 505 sti/stx: see above. how can a car so big handle so fucking well...i'd kill for a prv or a turbo model.

3) Alfa Romeo 164: It's a fucken pininfarina-styled alfa...do i need to explain?

4) A1/A2 Jetta GLI: not as popular as the rabbit/golf gti, but still a sweet car. i would only get a 16v if i was to get the a2, though.

5) Merc 190e 16v: cosworth head with a tightened suspension = sexy...anyone who says that the 190e is the worst merc ever built has no taste.

6) sterling 825/27: yes, i know it's basically an acura legend with different sheetmetal and interior, but it has good styling and it's prob fun as hell to drive with a stick.

7) 1st and 2nd gen 5-series: i really like the early models due to a lack of emissions equipment. i also like the 2nd gen 535is/m5, as well.

8) first gen saab 9000: if i remember correctly, this one of the fastest front-drive cars at the time. it's also on a similar platform to the 164, something most ppl don't know.

9)audi 4000/90: tough 5 cyl, quattro awd, and sweet styling....i had one briefly, but it was a 4-cyl auto. still a cool car.

10)maserati 425/430: twin turbo sleeper....the ultimate touring car.

11) Infiniti g20: i had one of these, a p10 with 5-speed, which is extremely rare...really solid car with excellent handling.

12) 1988-1991 mazda 626GT and 1993-97 v6/5-speed: prob one of the best sleepers out there. my current car is a '94 lx-v6 5-speed. this car really moves, when it moves. i also like the styling of both those and the two generations before that.

13) toyota cressida: not called the 4-door supra for no reason...unlimited potential...tight handling...if only i could find one with stick...

14)j30 maxima (the 4dsc) : this has to be one of the most drop-dead gorgeous cars of this time period, sedan or otherwise...seriously.

15) mazda 323 gt: man oh man.

16) Volvo 850 turbo/r: one of the most interesting sounding engines of all time, and the last of the real volvos, imo.

17)eagle premier: now I know what you're thinking...but this car is a really misunderstood one...it's actually powered by a prv engine, with a renault suspension, good engineering and italian styling. There was a headline that read "the best car chrysler
(n)ever built"

that's 17 so far, and i know i have way more than this.

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
My friend's dad has a 5 spd Toyota Cressida. I don't think he knows what kind of potential that thing has :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot about those....i like the exhaust note of the honda 5-cyl, but i heard that there is no room under the hood to work on anything, kinda like my 626.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
3rd Generation 4-door Integra GS-R

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Galant VR4.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
sentra024 said:
i forgot about those....i like the exhaust note of the honda 5-cyl, but i heard that there is no room under the hood to work on anything, kinda like my 626.
Man your not kidding. It was like major surgery to do anything on that car.
It had some developed some electrical problems so I traded it in and got the P11.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cesarin_se-r said:
99 SVT Contour count, y/n:p
yea, those are sweet. i heard that when they were designing the contour/mystique, they modeled it after my gen 626(which i believe was built in the ford/mazda flat rock plant) , hence the similar engine displacement, handling characteristics, dimensions, and ford-built cd4e automatic tranny (which turned out not to be the smartest idea).

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
^^wasnt it designed after the european Ford Mondeo of the mid 90's.

I remember when the SVT contour came out, so a buddy of mine & I decide to go to Mannhattan Beach Ford & test drive one. The salesman thought I was a serious buyer that he let me cherp it in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gears. He was kinda pissed a few mins later coz I told him I couldnt buy that exact SVT contour coz of the colour, & that I was looking for a Silver or black one.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
first gen m3 & m5 ... anything after that is meh.

·
The G20 hoarder
2,279 Posts
mattb said:
Infiniti J30: it's a four door NA 300ZX. Same chassis, same engine, same transmission. Weird looking, but a good driving car.

i had a j30 before my G20, and you are not lying, i smoked a montecarlo on the freeway, the J30's had 160 on the speedometer. the only thing is that the handling sucked, it handled like a 4 sedan because it was. nothing like the G20, its a 4 door sedan that handles like a sports car.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
sixnineG said:
i had a j30 before my G20, and you are not lying, i smoked a montecarlo on the freeway, the J30's had 160 on the speedometer. the only thing is that the handling sucked, it handled like a 4 sedan because it was. nothing like the G20, its a 4 door sedan that handles like a sports car.
I almost bought a J before I bought my G20 and I've driven a couple since then. They really do drive nicely, especially the touring models with the HICAS 4-wheel steering.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts