Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Featured Member of the Month - January 2005
JP's (freaktroll) 1999 Infiniti G20t

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
Freaktroll: I bought in brand new in 1999 from a dealership in San Diego. I was originally planning on buying a Honda Accord, but two separate dealerships tried to screw me. I said screw Honda and jumped on the internet to find something else. For some reason I remembered a guy in High School driving a P10, and thought they were pretty sweet. I didnt even really know what it was at the time, but once I saw the P11, I knew I wanted it. I went to the dealership and originally wanted white or black, but they had a silver 5 speed T with leather on the lot that I test drove, and I bought it that day.

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed since?
Freaktroll: Ha Ha. Well at first I was like, "this car is so sweet stock, all im going to do is lower it and maybe get an exhaust", then my tuning reality set in and I had to change some other things too. I really never expected to turbo it, it was more of a wish that I just made happen last year. But now Im done... except for some HIDs... and other little stuff ;)

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
Freaktroll: Until last year, I had only had the Stillen POP intake, then I kind of went nuts with the turbo stuff. For the abbreviated list, I've now got the GT28RS "disco potato" turbo on a GTiR manifold, custom spearco intercooler & piping, Apexi 550cc injectors and intake, Nismo AFPR, Z32 MAF & fuel pump, JWT S3 Cams and ECU, finally a custom 3" turbo back exhaust (with all SMOG equipment functional). I also have a short shifter, a clutchnet pp/disk, and a bunch of custom and small stuff.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
Freaktroll: Not yet! Ive been meaning to get a dyno tune, but numbers aren't that important to me, its all about how it performs on the track. I would estimate probably about 300whp.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
Freaktroll: Ah, now we get to the fun stuff! These were my first and favorite mods. Im running JIC SA-1 coilovers with Stillen front and rear strut tower bars and rear swaybar. 18" OZ Superleggeras plant it to the ground.

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
Freaktroll: Some here and there. I still think the car needs almost no improvement to the exterior. Ive got the wings west lip, a 2002 sport grille, tint, cleared turn signals (front, side and rear) shaved front bumper lights, cleared rear ones, and a wide mouth for my intercooler.

G20.net: How about the interior?
Freaktroll: Not too much, I re-arranged the dash layout to fit my turbo goodies and system. Ive got my boost gauge and boost controller and turbo timer in one din slot, then an Alpine CD/MP3 player in the other. Apexi gauges fill the little cubby, carbon fiber Razo pedal covers for my feet and a redline shifter boot. I stripped the entire interior to layer it in Brown Bread (like Dynamat) and lay all new speaker cables throughout for my system. The main thing is that it looks stock. Kinda sucks though because it probably took more work to keep it looking stock than to mod it differently.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
Freaktroll: Nope. I just replaced it. Im running an Alpine headunit, kenwood amps, focal separates and a phoenix gold sub. Sounds pretty sweet, although I hardly ever use it since I prefer to just listen to the engine now with the turbo.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
Freaktroll: HIDs and that's probably it. Im going to be focusing on my next car soon and Im feeling pretty satisfied with how this one has turned out. Time to just enjoy what Ive already done.

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net and how has this site benefited you?
Freaktroll: I was way back on AF and knew g20.net back when Jason was running it as a personal site. I found it while surfing the net for mods and made the transition to to forum as soon as it became available. Actually my car was on the G20.net banner before Mep came along and made a cool logo for the site :p G20.net gave me the balls to try stuff with my car. All I did was change the oil before I found the forums. I first stared out with clearing my corners and have used it for everything for my S3 Cam install to clutch installs and turbo installs! Without this site, I would have a stock car and still just be doing oil changes.

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
Freaktroll: Well G20.net has come along way and Ive been really happy to see it grow and the new management take it to a new level. I have to thank some people for all their help, first and foremost Greg (Mrfancypants) because without him, my car would probably not have a turbo. While sometimes I curse the day he told me where to get a disco potato, it is because of his help my car runs today (most of the time ;)) He was invaluable throughout the entire turbo install process. Then there are the little people, Ben at JWT for my cams and ecu stuff, Greg V at Mossy Nissan for oil leaks, events and liking my car, Justin for being the easiest guy to order obscure parts from and pulling all the stops to get them to me fast, Chris at Apexi for helping me with gauges and injectors, Phase2motorsports, SR20forum, my wife Allie for patience and driving it so well (its her daily driver most of the time), and Pat, just because. You can check out my 'once yearly' updated g20 site at http://cleang.nismo.org if you like for more of my mods or whatever. And thanks D, for making this cool monthly showcase happen!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
congrats, im with scootz, wallpaper size pics, please!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats!!! Nice Clean turbo ride!! =) =)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Congrats!!! Clean Ass Car...

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
Nice! I still remember driving to my very first g20 meet in irvine and while waiting for the light, your car pulled up to the light across the street. My friend and I both said, "DAMN!"

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Well deserved man. I true MOTM right here. Nice car, great member.

:cool:

--Garrett

EDIT: It says that is was posted December 22nd....Dee, how'd you do that?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hell yeah!!! Great car and a great guy. He has helped me out more than once. Also I must say, when I was first looking into G20's and I found this site, it was a pic of JP's car that made me think, ohh......... silver looks good... SO when I saw a silver one, I jumped on it. How many silver P11's is that now that have taken the honors??? Just thinking its the best combo.

·
Registered
20,855 Posts
golfboarder said:
How many silver P11's is that now that have taken the honors??? Just thinking its the best combo.
5 silver P11 + 2 silver P10 = 7/12; that's better than 50% :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Awesome ride and well diserved MOTM:thumbsup:.

Rob

1 - 20 of 49 Posts