Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Featured Member of the Month - March

Featured Member of the Month - March 2004
Greg's (MrFancypants) 1999 Infiniti G20t-urbo

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
MrFancypants: This actually all started after a couple of years with my first car, a 1995 200SX SE-R. It's really the reason I even got started with working on my own car to begin with (thanks to www.se-r.net). By May 2001 it was getting on in miles, and I really wanted a change. I absolutely loved the P11 bodystyle, and it had the same SR20DE I had been in love with for years.
G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed since?
MrFancypants: I can really blame Terry Vincent (of FTF Motorsports) for this one. His little B13 rocketship got me hooked on turbos, and he talked me into turbocharging my own car. I bought my P11 under the premise that it would be turbocharged, and part of the justification for selling my 200SX was that it had too many miles to really do anything serious. I picked the '99 model year because the '00+ models had the 'uncrackable' ECU and shorter gears (both bad for turbo). I could have bought the 2002 Sport model with the leather interior I loved so much for just a few thousand more, but that would have interfered with my Big Goal. The weekend after I picked up the new car I had already cracked the motor open and transplanted my JWT S3 cams from the 200SX. A little over a year later she was putting out over double her rated horsepower.

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
MrFancypants: Custom Turbo Kit - Current major components:
•GT28RS (Disco Potato) turbocharger
•GTI-R exhaust manifold, turbo outlet elbow (Swain White Lightning coated)
•FTF fuel rail w/ MSD 50lb injectors
•Cobra MAF
•JWT ECU (reprogrammed from 1995 200SX SE-R)
•Spearco Intercooler (Swain BBE coated) w/ custom piping
•Walbro 255 fuel pump
•Blitz Spec S electronic boost controller
•JWT S3 Cams
•ACT HD clutch
•Custom 2.5" downpipe
•Custom Exhaust w/ 2.5" Magnaflow resonator and 3" muffler

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
MrFancypants: I haven't dyno'd the car with the new turbo yet. Originally it had a GTI-R T28 that tore off 295.7 whp and 309.2 ft-lb at 18 psi on 110 octane race gas (15 degree timing). It would put out better numbers with the Disco Potato.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
MrFancypants: Ace 112 17" rims with 215/40R17 Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tires
KYB AGX shocks and stock springs
ES swaybar and endlink bushings
Bomz RSTB

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
MrFancypants: '02 P11 clear sidemarkers
My really big exhaust tip?

G20.net: How about the interior?
MrFancypants: Custom Terry and Greg abortion shortshifter
Redline Goods shift boot
'02 P11 chrome door sills
A few more things currently in the works

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
MrFancypants: Pioneer DEH-P7000R head unit w/ stock amps and speakers
JVC CH-X1500RF CD changer hard-wired into stereo
Someday I'll put my sub in

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net and how has this site benefited you?
MrFancypants: King Turd (aka George Roffe) sent me an email recommending that I check it out. At first I didn't want to join a new forum, but it grew on me. I was old school at the time (se-r mailing list) and reluctant to get with the 21st century. Now I'm addicted. If the site's down while I'm at work I get pretty bummed out. There's really a wealth of knowledge on there, a lot of great people, and all in a nice, well-maintained package.

G20.net: Any other comments you would like to make?
MrFancypants: All show and no go makes Jack a dull boy ;)
Terry is the bomb. I'd know next to nothing about cars if it weren't for him, and he's a great friend to boot. No really I like kicking him. Thanks, buddy!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
holy shit.. 293? and its more now... wow... can i get ur address? ill bring my slim jim... dunno if it works tho.. but i can try lol

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
this is a hot idea right here.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
DAMN...........d U got this up and running already-mad PROPS 2u!...and the man who's pants are fancy too...lol.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
this is cool

i like this alot, Featured Member of the Month is dope.. plus this months members gotta phatty car..

·
Registered
562 Posts
I didn't know anyone actually had a G20 with over 220 HP! Call me ignorant. Great article though, and awsome idea for Member of the Month!!!

-Alex

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I love your sleeper man!

-Kevin-

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B-G20 said:
is the member of the month gonna end up being like the link of the month and last all year?

Link of the month is still the same cuz I dont have access to editing the homepage items, only admins do. Im just a lowly moderator, I do have access to editing these threads including the announcement thread on the homepage so you can be sure this will be kept up to date. ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Re: he he he

Fraychild said:
I wonder who next month's victim is going to be... ? :)
I hope it's not just members with turbo's, it should include the little people too :lol:

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: he he he

InfinitiLvr said:

I hope it's not just not going to be members with turbo's, it should include the little people too :lol:

It wont just be people with turbo swaps, there arent enough around to keep us going long anyway. I want to feature sponsors FIRST, then ill move on the non-sponsors. If you have mods, then you will be considered. I think being the first g20 with a disco potato puts u up there tho, thats why I chose Greg first. Next featured member will be...[check back April 1st] :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts