Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Featured Member of the Month - November 2004
Kahren's (Koojo) 2000 Infiniti G20

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
Koojo: Back in 2000, my mom bought the G20 brand new because she was looking for a luxury car that would suit her well. About 9 months later, we had an addition to our family (a little baby girl) and my family decided to sell the G20 and get a van. I didn’t pass up the opportunity, and took over the payments on the G20. I never thought I’d own such a car, because I was looking more at 2 door sport cars, but I definitely took the right path.

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed since?
Koojo: When I got the car I was around 16 or 17 years old, so just like any other kid at that age, all I wanted was a good sound system. One thing led to another, and sooner or later I was adding all kind of mods, from exterior, to interior to engine mods. I got infected with the ‘mod bug’ and it took off from there.

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
Koojo: For about a 2 and a half years, all I had as far as performance modifications were a Stillen warm air intake, advanced timing to 19*, and a Magnaflow muffler. Just this past spring, I caught up with a good buddy of mine who put a SR20DET motor in his 92 Sentra SE-R. I wanted to learn everything I could about turbo systems from then on, and seriously…that’s all I did for two straight months...everyday...all day. After that, I began to collect parts for my turbo install, and I finally did the installed the turbo system at the end of June of this year. As of now, I have a W10 T25 turbo, Spearco intercooler, JGY 2.5” downpipe, a Greddy Type S blow-off valve, and SAFCII to control the fuel flow from the Walbro fuel pump and the MSD injectors.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
Koojo: I dyno’d my car right after I got my turbo installed, but the turbo had bad seals and was leaking. At 5psi of boost, I only put down 150whp and 150wtq because of the blown turbo. Since then, I put in a new turbo, which feels MUCH stronger than the first one, but I have yet to dyno my car. I’m planning next spring to dyno again at 10psi and have some new numbers.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
Koojo: I’ve done some suspension improvements since I received my car. I got rid of the stock setup, and I added Tein S. Tech springs and AGX Adjustable shocks. Since the drop and the addition of new shocks, the car is glued to the road during turns. Last year I added a rear strut bar, which I think was a very important mod to the suspension system. It helps keep the real wheels following the front. Within the next week, the G20 will have a front strut bar, which should improve cornering furthermore.

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
Koojo: My very first cosmetic mod was tinted windows. I later did the fog light re-wire mod, and added PIAA bulbs to the headlights and the fog lights. From there, I got a hold of some 17” Motegi MR7 wheels, which match the color of the car. I didn’t like how dull the stock calipers looked, so I pained them red, which I think looks much better. Lowering the car also helped to get rid of the wheel gap. The four turn signal corners have been cleared out. Also, the four bumper lenses, and the fender repeaters have been cleared out. I wanted to keep my car clean, so I didn’t add any flashy stickers or anything out of the ordinary. Last year I made a custom mesh grill for the front and added a little Infiniti emblem to it. The trunk has been debadged, and a bigger Infiniti emblem was added.

G20.net: How about the interior?
Koojo: Not much has been done to the interior except some new gauges to monitor the boost levels and the exhaust gas temperatures. Also, I added a SAFCII which monitors and controls the fuel intake. I made a custom switch inside the car which turns my boost controller for stock boost to max boost with a flip of a switch.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
Koojo: Initially, I had the stock Bose receiver, a 12” JL W3 sub with a Kenwood 600w amp and a 1 Farad RF capacitor. I replaced the stock deck with a Panasonic CQ-C8300U receiver. I couldn’t decide whether to get the Panasonic or an Alpine receiver, but I finally decided to go with the Panasonic because it had a motion screen and you can upload your own still images and video clips to it. I’m pretty happy with my sound system sound now. I don’t plan on changing the speakers until one of them blows.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
Koojo: My car is always under construction. I plan on getting my car to 10psi of boost and also a custom 2.5” mandrel-bent cat-back exhaust next spring. Possibly lighter wheels since my current ones are really heavy. As far as cosmetics go, I plan on adding a Wings West front lip, eyebrows for the headlight, HID lights, and an aluminum dash/interior kit for the interior. I’m sure I’ll have more ideas as time goes by.

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net and how has this site benefited you?
Koojo: Before G20.net was created, I was a member at Automotiveforums.com. Once G20.net came alive, I was on this site almost everyday (except when I was on active duty). I don’t know what I would do without this site. It has definitely helped to inspire some, if not most of my projects to date. I know that if I run into a problem, there’s always someone to turn to who can help me out. Thank you!

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
Koojo: I’d like to say thank you to the mods of this site for making G20.net what it is today. Also, a thank you goes out to all the people who have helped me get to where I am with my car, and answer any questions that I have. I hope to come back to G20.net for years to come because it’s definitely an awesome place!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats Koojo! yup your G is sweet!=)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Congrats!
I've liked your car from the first time I saw it!!
Way to go!

Putt

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Turbo Automatic !!! Man I am next. I'll be hitting you up for advice ...
Congrats

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
Turbo Automatic !!! Man I am next. I'll be hitting you up for advice ...
Congrats
Anytime man, have you checked out my turbo install page? It's in my sig, tells you how to do install from start to finish basically.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Congrats Koojo! You deserve it man!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
congrats...one of my fav's.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Totally 100% deserve it. I completely agree 100% Nice car.

--Garrett

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
canrats man. i gotta say that grill is a nice tuch. but the head unit with g20turbo on it is cool as shit. im still rockin my stocker(stillworks). but anyway nice car. it good to see a cleanly moded car. i dont like to much stickers my self. but im thinking of getting my g20.net soon

1 - 20 of 41 Posts