Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Featured Member of the Month - November 2008
Bryan's (savestheday) 1999 Infiniti G20

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
Savestheday: I had been complaining about my previous car, a 1988 Honda Prelude for some time because minor things were breaking left and right. I had done something I hadn't done in 5 years and shopped around for a new car. I wanted something that wasn't so sporty, and was more luxury. I decided on either a red, turbo, 5 speed Volvo S40 or a car I didn't know much about; a gold, automatic; Infiniti G20. I was sick of modding cars and not seeing a result, and an automatic transmission was looking pretty nice. I told my wife about what I found, and didn't think twice about it. 2 days later, I got a call from my wife telling me she needed me to come pick her up. Without hesitation, I loaded my son into my bucket and started driving out. Eventually following her directions I ended up at the dealership where my new car was. I traded in my Prelude and drove away in my new luxury automatic.

click image(s) to enlarge​

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed?
Savestheday: Originally, like most others, my plan was to keep it stock. After dumping a ton of money into my previous money pit, I decided I would keep it stock and go for the luxury look. The first thing I bought was a woodgrain kit, then the white faced gauges, and it took off from there. Now I am looking to get as many JDM parts as I can get my hands on, and make a car that will last for my son to drive when he gets older.

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
Savestheday: This is the area I'm focusing on next. So far I have installed a wai, ssac 2.5” header, s3 cams, greddy e-manage blue, 2.25” cat-back exhaust, and a remus universal muffler.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
Savestheday: Yeah, it came out to a whopping 120.66 hp and 107.79 ft/lbs of torque. A year or so afterwards I took it to a real mechanic and re-wired my e-manage correctly. I probably won't have a chance to re-dyno it until I get the e-managed re-tuned.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
Savestheday: This was my first area of modding. I've thrown on Tein s-techs with gr-2's and mep 1” mounts to lower the stance a bit. To stiffen up the chassis, I've thrown on ebay ftsb and rstb with a Stillen rear sway bar underneath. I've replaced the front sway bar and shock tower bushings with polyurethane replacements as the time has passed. I had to swap out my brakes, so I opted to get slotted/cross drilled rotors to compliment them and added stainless steel braided lines. I got the hook up from Uncle Dave on some used Legacy 17” rims, so I took the trip to Spokompton to snag them up. I wanted to fix some of the minor knicks, so I stripped the wheels with aircraft stripper and filled in some curb rash spots. I took them to Kevin from RealCoatings here in Boise for a glossy black powdercoat and he did an awesome job! Couldn't be happier with the turnout. After they were shot, I wrapped them in some Falken 912's.

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
Savestheday: By far my favorite area of my car. I've tried to throw as many JDM parts at it as possible. I've got JDM duals, JDM window visors, JDM power folding mirrors, JDM tail lights, and Nissan Primera SI badge conversion. I have to give a shout out to Eric for not only hooking us up with CF parts, but providing many of my other ideas for my car. My CF list include grill, fog light inserts, pillars, and m5 spoiler. I also took his idea for the custom rear window spoiler that I color matched EV0. Also on the outside I have custom clear bumper lenses, clear fender lenses, fake CF blackmouth sticker, fogs, modded front air dam, and custom door dings.

G20.net: How about the interior?
Savestheday: In keeping up with the JDM theme, I got a JDM center console from Dave (with the cupholders), sourced a parking brake setup (to go with it since the USDM one doesn't fit), JDM sunglasses holder, and a Nissan air bag. For the gauge cluster I got Eric's cf overlay, and some aluminum rings with the white faced gauges to finish it off. A woodgrain trim kit, broadway mirror, and a permanent sunshade also fill out the interior. The antenna you see above my rear-view mirror is for my Auto Page 2 way car alarm. I hooked it up to my mirrors so they fold on command. Also, in the back seat is usually two car seats.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
Savestheday: I kept it pretty simple for the audio since I want my kids to hear after their 12th birthday. I replaced the head unit with a flip out touchscreen Jensen in-dash dvd. I hooked up my ipod to it so I don't have to fumble around with cd's anymore. I haven't touched the stock speakers since I think they sound great. For some bass I added a Nachamichi sub that I got from Jon(Cavern) in my Element Enclosures box powered by a MTX amp.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
Savestheday: In the very near future I'll be throwing in my 5 speed swap I got from Charles. After that I'm going to be sanding and mounting my JDM bumpers, and probably get a paint job to make it all blend together. After that, who knows.

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net?
Savestheday: I found G20.net the same week I got my car. Being an internet forum vet, I knew to register quick so I could get mad street cred with my registration date.

G20.net: How has this site benefited you?
Savestheday: More ways that I can count. Not only has it provided me with an extremely valuable source of information, but has opened up friendships not only across the country, but even here in my town. Without G20.net, my car would be nowhere near where it is today. I am extremely gratefull to the site and am sure not only that I will sponsor in the future, but donate parts/money as I have in the past.

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
Savestheday: If I haven't dropped your name already, don't worry, I'll get there . First off I want to thank the staff here for keeping the community a great place! Of course I have to give a huge shout out to Chris Wold from Spooled Productions for taking pictures for me! I know you said no charge, but I'll get you back. Also Brian from Import Motoring for fixing my e-manage and getting my car street legal again. If anyone needs to import a car, he's the man to go to. Also a huge thanks to Nelson for coming over on countless occassions even though you don't post here anymore , Jeff(AZG20P11) for everything you have schooled me on, Jeff(ugly) for helping me through when I was down on my car, and the North West G's for adopting me. If I still haven't dropped your name, sorry, your still in my thoughts. Finally, the biggest shout out of all to my wife and kids. Without you neither the car nor I would be where I am today!

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
congratulations man. I cant wait to see it all JDMed out. Its good to see that AT can still get that MOTM.

·
"the government"
2,613 Posts
congrats, any plans to sport the headlights
IDK, I keep flip flopping on doing it. On one hand I love them how they are, but then I think they would match the sceme better black.

Awesome pics Bryan. Congrats. That is gotta be the best looking P11 in all of Idaho. J/P, man keep up the good work.
(Not bragging) It is the best p11 in Idaho because there are only 5 of them that I have seen since I got mine. 4 stock, and one member here that rarely posts. I'm not even sure if he still has it.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
Savestheday: I found G20.net the same week I got my car. Being an internet forum vet, I knew to register quick so I could get mad street cred with my registration date.
lol great line. nice ride and congrats

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Congrats and one sweet ride you got!!!

at this point you can say we got Twins cuz i have about the same parts or close to :smile:

EV0's FTW!!! lol

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Beautiful ride, gorgeous !! What are the specs on that rim/tire combo ?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts