Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Featured Member of the Month - October 2005
Chuck's (octotat) 1991 Infiniti G20

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
octotat: I bought my G to replace a '91 Nissan Sentra SE-R. The SE-R was a great car, but it had been hit a few times and every time I looked at, it just pissed me off. I was looking for either another SE-R or a G20. This car was advertised in the paper, I called on it, 5spd with a grey and black interior and charcol grey paint - it was as good as sold!!! That was May 2001, Ive put a bit of work in it since then, with the emphasis on handling over cosmetics or power.

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed since?
octotat: Replace interior - done, Upgrade sound system - done, Upgrade suspension - done. i'm pretty satisfied with it as it sits, for now...

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
octotat: AEM Intake, Hotshot Gen5 Header, UR 4 Pully Set, JWT ECU, B&M Shifter,
ACT SS Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Touring 5spd LSD Transmission, Place Racing Motor Mounts.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
octotat: I dyno'd the car shortly after I purchased it. It put down 123HP 125TQ, not bad for a stock motor with 125,00 miles.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
octotat: Superpro bushings (front), Energy suspension bushings (rear), Tanabe stb (front), Custom stb (rear), Shigspeed custom coilovers (koni/ground control – front/rear), Brembo slotted/drilled rotors (front/rear), Nismo “new 8” wheels.

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
octotat: Wald grill, Primera hatchback rear wing, Avnier quad headlights (don’t know what brand – modified to fit). I need to have the bumpers repainted, they have faded really bad.

G20.net: How about the interior?
octotat: Complete touring interior (seats front/rear, door panels and carpet), Tomei (personal) steering wheel, Some small round plastic shift knob, Custom harness/rollbar.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
octotat: Eclipse cd hu, ADS 6x50 amp, Polk 6.5 co-ax's front & rear, JL Audio 12" Sub. I have a bunch of audiofile grade equipment I could put in, but the ADS amp has modular plugs and is so easy to take out (with the sub box) when i go to the track.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
octotat: I've got a massive pile of stereo stuff, a set of JWT S3 cams and a Cusco lower control arm brace to put on. Hopefully I'll get some of that done this winter. I would really like to repaint it, but being a daily driver, I just can't justify it. Plus I would drive myself crazy worrying about it.

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net and how has this site benefited you?
octotat: I had surfed the site form time to time when I had my Sentra, when I got my G20 I became a "member". The most important and treasured benefit of G20.net are the members. We have a community here that consists of all colors, ages, raligions, social and economic groups, all of which are shown the same respect, tolerence and care.

A big thank you to the administrators, moderators, and members for making G20.net the awesome place it is!!!!

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
octotat: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36717

Side note: Chuck is an authorized SuperPro Bushing dealer, and has also been instumental in developing bolt in rear strut tower bars for both the P10 and P11 over the past year. As well as, bolt in harness bars, look for future developments from him down the road, G20.net and the rest of the community greatly appreciates the hard work Chuck puts into these.

·
Registered
963 Posts
very nice!! i heard those shigspeeds r pretty good quality too...what can u expect tho from koni awesome ride i heard..can u confirm?

also those wheels r pretty phat...they remind me of panasport wheels just little bit bigger..anyways congrats..nice ride once again!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats on ur sweet G!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
sweet ride chuck. i love the emphasis on the suspension. real different approach to modification that easily gets lost in cosemtic and power. i am definetly feeling those rims.

thanks a bunch and you deserve this month, keep the great products coming.

·
www.iheartboost.com
3,747 Posts
congratulations chuck! :lol: i am so envious of your suspension setup, i can only imagine how well your car handles. thanks for making such great products for us and for being an inspiration to the community :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts