Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would a body shop charge for some pulling out of front fenders and some fender rolling at the rear ? I keep having some rubbing issues at the front :baffled: , because of my combo with mep-mounts, 42 offset rims and 215/45/17 tires (now Gislaved winter tires). I already have rubbed through the fender lining up front near the fender lip so want to have the fenders pulled out a little and rolled at the front, the rear (5 mm spacers which I want to keep...) only needs a bit of rolling.

For summer I might go back to 205/45/17 but I will do those fenders anyway.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
man i know it sounds sketch at first but:
buy a wooden baseball bat
you can slowly work the inside of the fender upby "prying" bit by bit a little at a time, just go back and forth from front to back, back to front, front to back, rolling it up a bit at a time.
this is how we did the p10s rears, and as long as its a wooden bat, its safe as can be. i went to an autobody shop to ask the same question you asked, and they said sure, we can do it, but heres what we use: and they handed me a wooden bat. so rather than have them do it i sat there in their parking lot and rolled away. its very safe, and very easy. no rubbing on a lowered p10 with 18s and spacers

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
nahhh no fender roller needed. waste of money. i wood bat is enough. the shop i went to actually said a heat gun wasnt a good idea. you wont chip any paint execpt underneath where you wont see it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Maybe its not a problem where you live. Its a *HUGE* problem if you live in a snow/salt area though. It will drop the lifespan of your car down by 50-75%. If the paint cracks your car will start to rust within months. Rear wheel well rust is almost always terminal cancer on our cars.

Use a heat gun and consider respray the inside and outside of the rear fender lips if you get any cracking at all.

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
the shop i went to actually said a heat gun wasnt a good idea. you wont chip any paint execpt underneath where you wont see it.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Damn, I need a wooden bat! I put my 17s on the P10 with a 5mm spacer and sure enuf I'm getting black rubber bands now. Looks like it's Walmarche time tomorrow for a louisville slugger. :cheeky: D

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a fender roller in the NJ/NY area? Or at least have done it decently with a baseball bat that could help me out with it? I'd be more than happy to buy them a six pack =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts