Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I never knew that, always thought the crappier version was exclusive to the 99's. This car does have the cold weather package, not sure if that made a difference. Or maybe it was just luck of the draw.

You mean you have the heated seats? Wow.. thats rare. I've NEVER seen one in person. That includes all the SE-R conventions, SE-R meets, and all the ones at the pull yard. I was lucky enough to get the switches but not the elements

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You mean you have the heated seats? Wow.. thats rare. I've NEVER seen one in person. That includes all the SE-R conventions, SE-R meets, and all the ones at the pull yard. I was lucky enough to get the switches but not the elements
My last G20, a 99, had the cold weather package too. But I think I can see what you mean. I've been keeping an eye out around my area for probably the better part of a year, and it has been rare coming across any listings for a 5 speed touring, or sport model with all the options. Which is part of the reason I had to jump on this deal.

Should have some updates soon, weather is getting better, goal is to have more of the major items wrapped up over the next 2-3 weeks, and to then have the car registered to drive on the road again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
^^ Yep, I can't remember the exact number but it was something like 8/10 of all P11's produced were.... automatic. I've driven a stock automatic P11 - I'd be shocked if it broke into the 17's in the 1/4 mile, lol.

I've been looking for the heated seat elements since last summer at the pull-yards. The actual switches from the Pathfinder are exactly the same (and probably most heated seat Nissan/Infinitis late 90's early 00's) - but can never find one, and I'm checking their inventories every couple days (also NEVER came across a manual G20 at the pullyard either)!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got the Teins on, needs to all come off again, my brake dust plates are rotted out, and have some new ones coming in, plus I'm not that happy with how it currently sits.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The paint and the body still look god awful, so yea, throw a nifty monochrome filter on it.

A CEL came on again, will need to address that, it feels like a vacuum leak somewhere, but seems like it is only happening on the higher end. Bushings are shot, still a ton of work ahead, but glad to be driving the car around.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Front LCAs have been rebuilt, and feel great. Also added Charlie's subframe bushing inserts, and with the Tein coilovers, this car feels much better. I'll be adding some pictures soon.

My front radiator lower core support has literally disintegrated, and the only part hanging on is the portion near the passenger side. I need to get on that, so finding a place I can pick up some thicker square tubing, and going to attempt to fab a new piece in. Looks like the only 625007J100 replacement parts that are left are going for $400+, all other sites say discontinued. To be honest, I bet I can build something stronger than the factory and maybe even go a bit overkill to stiffen up that front end. Pictures to come, progress is slow, but not in a huge rush with this car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That slight drop makes such a difference. I need to install my KYB + Tein springs on my P11. What are you planning to do next?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That slight drop makes such a difference. I need to install my KYB + Tein springs on my P11. What are you planning to do next?
It really does! I ran KYB + Eibach on my last P11, and it was a bit too rough of a ride for the minimal drop you get out of those springs. I think you'll be much happier with the Teins, would also recommend going with the DMSentra front top hats for better strut offset, and better strut travel as a whole.

Rust is my biggest enemy right now, so I really need to fix this front core support, and my flexpipe is shot and the car sounds like complete garbage. I have a header, just waiting on my gaskets to come in, and need to spend some time on my MIG getting all of this together. Going to try to get all that work done in one shot.

Paint/body work is probably going to need to wait until next year, but I have some rot to attend to on the rear quarters as well. This car sat under a pine tree for a few years, and I think the acidity from the tree needles did more damage than I assessed when I purchased the car.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I started working on this today, since there is no option for a replacement, I purchased some 2x3 box steal tubing, and I will be fabing my own replacement lower core support. Even though the upper and rear motor mounts were keeping things intact, I couldn't keep driving the car this way.

Here's what happened after whatever remaining support from the lower cross member was unbolted...

And here is my canvas (going to need to cut more of the cancer out).....

I've been thinking this through, and I really feel the 2x3 box tubing was the way to go. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
2x3 box tubing got the job done, just working on getting the lower cross member installed, please excuse some of my booger welds. Fitment was a bit of a pain, as I wanted to preserve as much of the stock metal that was salvageable, and I had to build up weld in some areas to fill gaps. Anything is better than what I started with.

The beginning...

8ft section of box tubing I purchased from jegs for about $50.

Cuts before the welding.

Final product of the new lower radiator core support made from 2x3 box tubing...

Overall I'm pretty happy with the final result, not too happy with some of my welds, nonetheless they are strong, and this core support isn't going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks, I still need to put that header on that I picked u from you a few months ago. But I need to put in all of the exhaust in too. Should be fun to drive (and less embarrassing) once it’s all done.

I don’t think I will ever take on another g20 in this bad of shape ever again.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No pictures, but removed both axles on Tuesday and replaced the outer CV boots they were both torn. Also while I was at it, pulled off the tie rod end links, and replaced the rack boots (only one was torn), and new tie rod ends. Brought the car over to a local shop for an alignment. Aside from some flex in the front end, the car feels very well planted with basically all new front suspension components (upper control arms are the only parts I haven't replaced)

The car still really needs an exhaust and some body work, which will probably need to wait until the spring. The main things that needed to be buttoned up are done before the winter. Just have zero time these days with an infant and a toddler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We need to get the pictures working! I want to see how you did that, and the drop. I have a brand new core support sitting in a room in my house waiting for me to install it. I was thinking about the square tubing idea myself before getting that.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts