·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, some background info:

96 Inf g20
112K miles OE everything
5-speed w/no pop out :)D)

my g20 was sitting for a few years before i got it, and here are some problems Ive ran into so far:

1. the person before me says they never changed the oil while they drove it (they only had it a few months) and i have been driving it with the same oil (i know i know but im getting my first check in a few days :D)
2. i need new Spark Plug seals (not sure if i need a new VC gasket too? might as well get it done while im at it right?)
3. need new plugs and wires (or will be really soon)
4. the car had been sitting for so long (i live in cali {NYC all day though}) that ive popped of the tires the car had, so i need some tires. lol im sitting on s14 15s in the front and stock p10 14s in the rear (staggered FTW lmao jkjk)
5. i tried to put the 15s in the rear the first time a tire popped and it wouldnt fit because of the thing the springs sit on, any way to remove it?
6. needs new tranny mount.
7. some panels are just randomly missing lol (found them all just gotta put a few on)
8. front winshield cracked.
9. no trunk lock lol.
10. i think the castle nuts are loose, but idk what cotter pin size to use?

if anyone has any advice on what to take care of first or has answers/advice to give please post, muchos thanks lol

·
Custom title !!!!!yay
2,458 Posts
oil chage first,i would put fresh oil in-go couple miles and replace again, the motor probably needs to be flushed, not sure if you should replace the filter twice or just the second time.
if you take the vc off to replace the gasket, replace the whole thing.
safety pin is better then no cotter pin, any auto parts store should know what size to sell you.
get glass coverage on your insurance policy and call them in 2 weeks saying you just got hit with a rock,
i think people put spacers in the back of p10's to clear that thingy u mentioned, up to 5mm is safe with stock studs/bolts if thats enought to clear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot for your reply, and yeah im gonna buy cheap ass oil to clean it up not sure how many miles to drive it to clean the motor good. gonna order rock gasket set, and im fine with my 14 for now, until i get some coilovers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts