Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone filled their mounts to make them solid? I heard about this awhile back, but no one talked about the results. The shifter seems to move alot when I accelerate and let off so I figured solid mounts will help. Please let me know how this works ASAP. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
This is probably better suited for the engine section I think, if you're referring to motor mounts that is....

I did it to my mounts, also partially filled someone else's used mounts for him (he finished filling them). The ES SE-R motor mounts don't fit in our cars very well, even with modifications (i've tried, and actually ran like that for quite a while). I filled my mounts with a 3M Urethane based product, so far it's worked well, very easy to use. It's hard enough for a street application, for a race application I would probalby look into a harder durometer compound. BTW, I only have the front and rear mount filled, the two sides are still stock. The front mount is also a modified ES dogbone mount designed for an SE-R.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why didn't you do the other side mounts? Would you recommend this and how hard is it to do? Some people I talked to said it is a pain in the rear. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
1PhatG said:
Why didn't you do the other side mounts? Would you recommend this and how hard is it to do? Some people I talked to said it is a pain in the rear. Thanks

I didn't fill the side mounts because I felt that they'd just produce more interior vibrations, rather than stiffen up the motor. Those mounts don't take a lot of the load of the motor, it's mainly the front and rear mounts that take all the abuse. For now my car is still a street car, and my daily driver so I'm trying to keep it as tame as possible. It really wasn't too difficult, but it does help to have a spare set of mounts to fill, that way your car isn't down for the couple days it takes to fill the mounts and let them dry. By using the 3M product it was actually pretty easy to fill them.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
keep in mind...

that going with solid mounts makes you feel more as the driver.. so it won't be as 'lux' of a ride that the G20 is known/designed for. I've been in a Porsche with all solid mounts... (factory is rubber) and it was really REALLY harsh.. but it handled great!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: keep in mind...

Chris said:
that going with solid mounts makes you feel more as the driver.. so it won't be as 'lux' of a ride that the G20 is known/designed for. I've been in a Porsche with all solid mounts... (factory is rubber) and it was really REALLY harsh.. but it handled great!

Mounts don't really affect the handling, just engine movement (and in turn, cabin vibrations). What i'm trying to acoid is having a car that no one wants to ride in because it's so harsh. The GC's are already a little stiffer than stock, and on bumpy tucson roads they are pretty noticable. I don't need my car vibrating like a cheap motel bed all the time. :nervous: Geez, between the gc's, mounts, and no a/c at the moment, it's amazing i still drive it :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts