Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...i did some searching about this before...and i have one question...what urethane should i get? all the links anyone has posted are dead and i would really appreciate a working one. i want to try and fill some mounts before i get the 5-speed swap underway with p10det, and after that, i'll have two sets of auto mounts ready to fill if anyone wants them.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link in that post doesn't work...just redirects to the main site...already tried that yesterday =)

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
whta do u mean it dont work??? what link do u want?? are u looking to buy the urethane to do it??

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
this might help. i think youre looking for 80shore. http://opc.mr2oc.com/online_parts_catalog/engine_mounts/mounts.asp

here is a funny quote from the same link

AW11 MR2 said:
I then read the instructions and warnings about how this stuff can kill you if you breath the contents... but only if you live in California. I live in Virginia, so I must be safe. But I am from California, so I moved the whole assembly outside.
:naughty:

·
Registered
504 Posts
jasezero said:
Yeah...i just need a direct link to the 80 shore stuff...i get confused looking at the page on http://www.mcmaster.com/
On the mcmaster carr web page enter "8644k11" into the find products search field. It should pull up a page with all the urethane two part casting products.

The 8644k11 product is the 80 shore stuff. One can is enough to fill all your mounts. Note that once mixed you have to use it all. It is not necessary to remove all the rubber from your old mounts and doing so will make it more difficult to center the mounting bolt receiver. I personally used 80 shore and feel it is borderline too hard - transmits a little too much vibration. Possibly 60 shore is adequate, but I haven't personally used it.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much...thats exactly what i was looking for...

If anyone has spare mounts they want filled, send them to me...i'll probably do all of them for $70-$80 once i get the process down a bit better...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Im doing this right now but im using window weld at firts I saw it was like plastic i was like how is this thing going to help but then the next day it was hard and soft. So now im just filling it in little by little i hope it works.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
lowproki said:
Im doing this right now but im using window weld at firts I saw it was like plastic i was like how is this thing going to help but then the next day it was hard and soft. So now im just filling it in little by little i hope it works.
thats the thing with window weld, its air cure, not chemical cure. Just make sure you do thin layers at a time. Its worth it to just get 80 shor. Fast, and the hardness level is about the same.

·
Registered
595 Posts
question

so what if i used 3m window weld and let it sit for a week will i be ok? annnnnnnnnnd is the shore 80a fill recommend due to the fact of quick drying time or just because its better?

·
Registered
504 Posts
bones said:
so what if i used 3m window weld and let it sit for a week will i be ok?
Yes, but it may remain pliable in the center.

bones said:
annnnnnnnnnd is the shore 80a fill recommend due to the fact of quick drying time or just because its better?
The two part urethane moulding compound uses a chemical cure process so it does dry faster and completely. Window weld is air cured so even after a week may not be completely hardened. The shore 80a urethane is harder than the window weld will ever be - but that does not mean better as you trade off with harshness and vibration so better is subjective. I have used shore 80. It will definitely send more vibration into the cabin versus OEM mounts. I can't compare with window weld.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
f*cking HIGH-larious!
"I then read the instructions and warnings about how this stuff can kill you if you breath the contents... but only if you live in California. I live in Virginia, so I must be safe. But I am from California, so I moved the whole assembly outside."

as for filling mounts, can you fill the side ones, or just the front and rears?

·
Registered
504 Posts
P11Gdub said:
as for filling mounts, can you fill the side ones, or just the front and rears?
The side mounts tend to last, but if yours are shot then you have to buy new ones or fill your old ones. Same procedure - all can be filled. If I were filling all of them I would use a softer compound to minimize the vibration.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
davemac said:
The side mounts tend to last, but if yours are shot then you have to buy new ones or fill your old ones. Same procedure - all can be filled. If I were filling all of them I would use a softer compound to minimize the vibration.
like a 60 shore? and stay 80 shore on the front and rear? or 60 all around? i recently bought a full set of used P11 motor mounts. TIA.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Most people like 80 shore - definitely better than having your engine / transimission bouncing around. But, you will get a little "magic fingers" vibration inside when idling at a stop light, etc. Its not terrible, but it is there. I'm in the minority who think new OEM mounts would be ideal. So for me - if I did it again - I would either break down and buy new OEM mounts for any mounts that needed replacing, or try 60 shore to see if I could retain the OEM feel.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used 80 shore...feels great...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts