Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im new here, but ive been searching this forum all over for about a week now, and still cant find out where to get these bulbs. i understand how they work and how to get them out. i need to get new bulbs for the foglight,hazard,defrogger switches. also for the hvac controls (which im guessing are the same bulbs)

from what i read some get them at radioshack and reuse the base but they didnt have any there.

i also read that the dealership would have them but i went to 2 different ones and they didnt have it either and wouldnt order them for me.

i know some of you put led's in the instrument lights but im not sure if that was for the p11's only or not.

i need to find these bulbs new, im tired of putting old ones in from the junkyard. is there any way to get them on ebay or anything? i would even use a similar bulb if someone knows the size number of one?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry but im still having trouble.
i wansnt looking for led bulbs and there were still 3 sizes on that one thread so im not sure which one to get.

as for topbulbs.com what specs am i looking for besides 12v?

i am completely lost

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see a couple 12v bulbs under wire based.

what lengths do i need?

looks to me like the ones in the rear def. button ext. are shorter than the ones in the window switches.

anyone?

·
Registered
763 Posts
You have to ask them directly: will you order these bulbs for me or not?

When they respond no, you yell about dealership incompetence and how they aren't supporting the cars so the people in the showroom can hear you.

Presto: one less bad dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i think most dealerships are a bunch of assholes when it comes to old cars. what i dont understand is that the one i went to fixed the sliding seat belt for my brothers p10 for free (recall) and detailed it.

anyway, the ones on superbrightled.com seem like therye too long w/ 3 and 4 mm bulbs.

i measured to 2 different ones from my car and the longer one was a little over 1mm including the base.

i think im gonna just buy the 2 different ones off topbulbs.com and see what happens since noone seems to know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FINALLY! thanks so much u are the man! i was i gonna do that same think tommorow and just order the 3! but my only concern is that there were 2 different bulbs in the defrost type switches than the window switches. but at least now i have a solid answer for one.

·
brave little...
2,648 Posts
the defrost buttons on your hvac are just good 'ol leds, the standard led with just two metal leads coming off the head. just get some off superbrightleds.com for cheap, there are 2, i ordered a few more cuz i plan on doing the dimmer and window switches.

the leds that go in to the hvac are probably 5mm, that is a very common size, if you can order a smaller size, dont worry about lumins or brightness, the leds are way too bright anyway. i installed them(the longer lead coming off the led is the positive and the shorter is the negative) and i had to file the leds down on each side to get them to fit in the little rectangle box for the hvac display.

notice how the stock leds are very slender, you need to do something similar, just file it down or use a dremel to flaten those suckers, its super easy just dont go all the way to the middle.

after i flattened them, soldered them on, i got a phatty black permanent marker, and covered the whole thing in black, all sides and top with like three coats of black permanent sharpie goodnes. since mine were the 5mm leds the brightness now is perfect, before it was so bright when anybody got in the passenger seat they would be blinded and thats not an exaggeration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts