Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Wideband Bosch o2 sensor (identical to AEM one) is a 5 pin-out type but OEM is 3. It also has a resistor or something on the connector...what is that and the extra two wires for and what do I do?
2. Throttle cable bracket. What do people use? My bro in law fabbed one but he doesn't like it and says it might hit the hood.
3. I have no gauges yet, do I really have to leave a running laptop in passenger seat with AEM software running or will base SR20DET tune with my injectors etc. plugged into the tuning be sufficient?

4. (new problem) I can't find any information about whether or not an AEM EMS Series II base map can be used on an AEM EMS-4. There are no base maps for EMS-4 except for some obscure engines. Basically AEM's response regarding support/instructions is that they don't provide anything for engines they already support with a car-specific ECU. What I've done so far is load an S13 swapped with sr20det map and changed the sensors and AEM CDI pencil coil on plug system in the wizard. I have no idea if it will work though, and I've been waiting for AEM to approve my forum membership for almost 3 weeks so I can't ask there!

That's all I can think of for the moment...any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the AEM EMS-4 only has one o2 input, so can I not just ditch the stock o2 and use the wideband Bosch one?

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
you might need to run a new line for the WB/Narrow band.

the stock harness isnt meant for running a Wideband sensor...

yes you will need gauges eventually....this should have been somthing you should have purchased up [email protected] a min, a WB sensor, & boost sensor

Loren (DMSentra) may be able to help you with the cable bracket

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I've since figured out a few things but now have another issue (added as #4). As for the wideband, it seems that the AEM air-fuel UEGO gauge acts as a controller as well, so it sends signal to the ECU as well as to the gauge. Now I just have to find one that I can have before Friday. I will talk to Loren about the bracket (I actually knew he worked on some kind of relocation bracket already.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.