Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gnet! As some of you know I am going to swap a SR20VE into my 99' p11. A buddy of mine, who has done some clutch work on one of my previous p11's, will do the swap. He has swapped a few VE's in before on other sr20 vehicles. So I have a setup that I plan on going with initially and then next year I plan on adding additional mods. I am creating this thread for some feedback and some insightful posts to help out others, though I am sure there are other threads like this, I appreciate the feedback and to those who have helped me via PM and chat (sponsors only) lately, thanks.

After talking to my friend the plan for the initial swap is:

SR20VE
stock 99' ecu
msd 8969
apexi safc
VE injectors
de dizzy
stock maf
key value clutch kit with b15 disc
lightened sr16 ve flywheel
New axle seals and new main seals

My friend says he has always used VE injectors and safc for his VE swaps...When we go to pickup the VE engine it may come with a VE ecu, which we might be able to use with a harness, but for now we are just planning on running stock ecu.
I also plan on using the stillen header I have on my de for the VE. My de also has a 64mm throttle body, is it worth it to even use that on the ve swap if it bolts up fine?

The setup listed above is what I can afford right now. Early next year I plan on upgrading the ECU to a NismotronicSA ecu, then install N1 cams, then a custom tri-y header. My understanding is once I go with the Nismotronic ecu I wont have a need for the msd or safc any longer. By the way I am getting a very good deal on the msd switch and safc, 1/8 the cost of the Nismotronic ecu and step down harness altogether so that is why I am going with that setup since I have somewhat of a budget for now.
Lastly, I am hoping to go VE-T by the summer if all goes well =)

Edit: I'm considering the JWT VE ecu as it will be better than stock, but just maybe, I might be able to afford a nismotronic for this swap now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
After talking to my friend the plan for the initial swap is:

SR20VE
stock 99' ecu
msd 8969
apexi safc
VE injectors
de dizzy
stock maf
key value clutch kit with b15 disc
lightened sr16 ve flywheel
New axle seals and new main seals
What I did was basically just put the VE in connect everything and drive around. Lol it's a bit rough here and there because I'm running stock 99 ECU, I don't get all the bullshit about swapping fuel injectors back to the DE ones. If you are on a budget you can just use the VE injectors for the time being, it's completely drivable, mileage may vary and there will be a few hiccups for the compensation in larger injector size NOTHING TERRIBLE (259cc to 333cc big fuckign whoopdee doo lol) DE dizzy you'll need to shave the lower leg off, and the DE dizzy will need to be a RR if you are using a DE dizzy, because the 99 one has the plug on the wrong side it interferes with the placement of the VVL solenoids, so unless you want to individually pin the connector (which I had to do) I'd recommend VE dizzy or a RR one. I also shoved the auto tranny back in because I'm a damn thug, guess what, it's fine (this is just a message for everyone who tried to tell me I would fail.) Also, one more thing change your dizzy o-ring my shit leaks like a mofo, but I'm too lazy to change it because I'm getting a VE dizzy soon.

Good luck and be patient.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
If you can get a good deal on a emanage ultimate that can all be a good tool.
You can not only tune the car and do lunch control and keep your OBD2 working but you can also use it to turn high cams on and even exhaust and intake separate.

Ve dissy works great it it comes with one

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm going to get the VE here soon, it might even come with a ve ecu, I dont know. I'm not entirely sold on using a JWT ecu, although it will be better than a stock de ecu, but if I boost the VE then downtime would be an issue while I send the jwt ecu back.
I am checking my budget and if I can get this nismotronic I might do that. I'm going to ride in a VE with nismotronic later today so that may help with making up my mind.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
use a honda P28 ecu/dizzy and tune with chromepro? Just throwing it out there. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.