Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stillen CAI (maf to filter pipe only) . I am custom making the peice that goes from the MAF to the throttle body now. What fittings do I have to have and which can I eliminate. can I put a breather filter in place of one of the hoses. I already have the pipe cut to size, I used a 3" maderal bent tail pie turn down.

And also does anybody know what I can use to make the hose conections to the pipe. I would prefer to weld the fittings but if I can't find a sutable tube that I can weld I will use something else and JB weld it to the pipe. but I was looking for something durable. I know The 3 tubes are about 1/2", 5/8" & 3/16"

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's what I needed. Do you know if i can eliminate one w/ a breather. Or do you know what tube is for what.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I wouldn't use a breather, just use the stock tubing. It's pretty cheap if you need to get longer sections too, most auto stores (pep boys, bap, etc..) have the stuff in stock in the proper sizes too. When looking at that picture the pipe would be flipped over from where it is now. the tube sticking up is on the bottom of the pipe and goes to underneath the intake manifold somewhere (EGR?), the skinny little one goes on back (goes to either the TB or the EGR, i'm not sure which one), and the larger one on the other side goes up front (to the valve cover area).

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I think I got the Idea now.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll set up a how to on my Site when I'm done. It will be good for the warm air guys @ least. Stillen is the only company that doesn't make the whole thing. If place racing didn't screw me with my order I'd have one of them.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
You know, you can just buy that piece from Hot Shot. I did and paid about $112 + Shippint for it with the silicone connections. That plus the JWT POP and you have yourself a shortstack intake.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot shots wouldn't sell just that piece when I called and place racing 1st wanted $65 for it with the connectors, then when I called back to order They wanted $85 and said He made a mistake. That's the second time they tried to screw me too. F them

Anyway I made one myself for $17. I am having it welded today @ my fathers shop. I just need to get the connector later, should be around $10-$20. I'll paint it tommorro.

I'm not even shore if the place racing or hot shot would of worked since I have a stillen CAI. The maf might have been shifted.

I'll post pics when It's all done probably friday

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a 3" tailpipe turndown and cut it right after it started to bend.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so far I spent $17 for the turn down and nothing for the tubes. I found what I could around my shop. I used a piece of an old pwr ant for the 3/16 pipe and a piece of electrical piping for the other two. (1/2") I used 3" turn down so I need 3" - 2-1/2" reducers. I tried 3" reducers but it doesn't fit tight. I tried to order the right reducers today but they wanted $17 to ship for $18 reducers.

I am doing a how to soon on my site

1 - 14 of 14 Posts