Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so if you look at my avatar, those are the rims i currently i have. i bought new tires for them because the old ones blew out when i wrecked. i need to repair 3 of my rims. it will cost 375 dollars. is it hard to find rims that are 205-40-17? is that even what i use to measure rim size as well. if anyone know how to measure rims size, let me know.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It will cost more to replace your rims than to repair the ones you already have. The size you gave is the tire size, not the rim size. Usually on the rims there will be a size stamped in the metal. In your case it will be something like 17 x 7. 17 inch diameter, and 7 inches wide from bead to bead.
You must also pay attention to the rim offset. This is how much of the wheel is inside or outside of the wheel mounting surface. Not enough offset and the wheels will rub on the fender. To much offset and the wheels might rub on suspension components. Offset is often also stamped on the wheel rim and is usually expressed in millimeters. On your wheels the number should be around 40 plus or minus 5 or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts