Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

fix the cracked rim ($175, any repairs to cracked rims are not guaranteed)

• fix the cracked rim ($120-$150)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • get set i've been wanting ($450ish shipped, $112 a peice)

Votes: 27 75.0%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
note: the quote for fixing the crack was $175+, not the projected $120-$150

i got new Kuhmo Ecstas (205/40R/17) mounted on my rims. one was leaking air, so i went to get it checked, assuming it was a faulty valve stem. turns out one rim is cracked on the inside. should i fix it, or get the new set of eBay rims i've had my eye on?

current rim:
17"x7" Enkei RP03 replica, sport bronze

rims i had my slanted eyes on:
17"x7" unknown replica, sport bronze (minus the plastic chrome centercap)
IF ANYONE BUYS THESE RIMS BEFORE I DO, I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU :dead: (AND YOUR PET)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The new ones look much better than your current ones...

I'd buy some new rims, although I'd go name brand instead of eBay knock off, but eh, but then sell your old rims, fix before sale, or have the buyer fix themselves, up to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had the same problem-- I bought some ADR Victory's-- nice wheels-- One problem though, theyre CHEAP SOFT METAL!!!

My cousin sells wheels, has for 5 or 6 years-- he basically says to stick with well respected brands-- the cheapo's are soft cheap aluminum--

Not one of my wheels is perfectly round, they're all out of round-- once the tires seat and wear in it rides well enough and you can balance them, but it's just a word of advice, buy new brand-name wheels with a warranty--- Only way to go--

I had a leak too, and it turned out to be a cracked rear wheel, so I had a shop pull the tire off, and I hammered it back round as possible, cracking the aluminum further-- but I JB welded really liberally on the inside and out, and it's held air since 4 months ago--

Every once in a while it will just randomly leak down, but normally it holds pressure right on the money, even on trips to Dallas and Louisiana--

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
I'm with IaC and IONO on this one...

I'd get the new rims. The lip really does set these apart from alot of other rims. I also like the look of the spokes and the center of the rim where the lugs go in.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G-ealousy said:
I said fix it. Unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. :p
i'm getting the first option edited. after calling the shop, they quoted me $175 to repair a 1/2" crack on the inner lip. the rims cost me less than $100 a peice (including shipping, mandatory shipping insurance, and CA tax) and yes, i know those rims are FUCKING SEXY, that's why i want them so bad. and i kind of think of sport bronze as my signature rim color. does anyone know what authentic rims they are copied from? i might have to look into some real ones, hopefully in 17"x7.5" or 17"x8". thanks for all your input, so far.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Can you got a little wider and higher profile? That might help ya out with not cracking/bending/breaking rims...

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jasezero said:
Can you got a little wider and higher profile? That might help ya out with not cracking/bending/breaking rims...
i've only seen these in 17"x7".

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
hey mike, why dont you use aim lite or express or whatever, through the aol webpage instead of the program?

on a different note, sell me these rims for cheap, and buy the ones you really want. ill eventuall fix the crack =)

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trbobrk said:
I like your current rims, can you buy a new one of those?
not that i've seen. my buddy wanted the same rims for his Civic, but he was only able to get the same design in hyperblack. i should message the original eBay seller.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
sorry dogg pund I just used the But It Now button for the 1 set available. You snooze you lose BEEEOTCH!!!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ugly said:
sorry dogg pund I just used the But It Now button for the 1 set available. You snooze you lose BEEEOTCH!!!
P11Gdub said:
IF ANYONE BUYS THESE RIMS BEFORE I DO, I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU :dead: (AND YOUR PET)
don't make me repeat myself.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Those are some sick rims!!! I say sell your current ones and get some Nice ones that you will love and cherish forever and ever and ever!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
davew7 said:
/\/\/\LOL, sounds like someones been watching the lifetime network. :p
hair in curlers, fuzzy pink slippers, and Bon Bons...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts