Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have been testing different wheels on my 99 G20, a week ago I saw there was some type of fluid all over the inside of the passanger side front wheel. I think that it is transmission fluid, maybe a seal has gone? Does anyone have any experence with this?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'd check to see if your brake lines are leaking.

It would be quite rare to see tranny fluid on the inside passenger wheel. Very rare.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
def check your brake lines, that is classic symptom of one leaking. Get it taken care of asap too becuase brake fluid is highly corrosive and will damage the finish of your wheels, i know this from personal experience.

Marty

·
Registered
332 Posts
Came across this old thread today. The power steering system uses automatic transmission fluid (Dextron III). If the o-ring at the return line port (on the PS pump) fails, the pump leaks from that point onto whatever is below it, namely the CV boot and the Lower Control Arm. That ATF fluid will run down the LCA to the lowest point (where the ball joint is) and then into the inside of the wheel, onto the tire and then the ground. The ATF is likely to have dripped onto the inner front bushing of the LCA and saturated the bushing. This will make the rubber bushing swell and wear out faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts